Just got this 1966 Dart GT

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Just bought this and dragged it home a few hours ago. It was fully restored top and bottom 20 yrs ago. The guy spent big bucks on it. It has a 340, 904, 8 3/4 -3.91.
The color is not what I would have chose, but I think it will look a lot better when I put a new set of cragars on it. It also has KH discs
It started out as a clean 6 cyl Arizona car.
It even has a rare recall steering wheel.
It runs and drives amazing. I just got collector car insurance online and am going to dmv in the morning.

IMG_6433.png

IMG_6437.png

IMG_6438.png

IMG_6439.png

IMG_6440.png

IMG_6435.png

IMG_6434.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a beauty and I bet it scats with a 340 under the hood.

All the trim was done over. The aluminum GT trim on top of doors and fenders was chromed ! The grill and bezels are very nice,
but I scored an NOS grill and bezels years ago. Can’t wait till this thing is black

IMG_6442.jpeg

i have a 66 dart 270. 273 auto car with 7 1/4 rear. i have slightly a different trim but is that the only difference from GT and a 270

I’m going be swapping front KH rotors to large bolt Ram Man rotors I picked up, and large bolt axles. Large bolt cragars 15x4 and 15x7
155/80 front 255/60 rear.
Starting on it tomorrow

That is a very nice Dart! I have a 66 GT as well except mine was totally disassembled when I bought it. I'm hoping to have it look as nice as yours, one day :)

That is a very nice Dart! I have a 66 GT as well except mine was totally disassembled when I bought it. I'm hoping to have it look as nice as yours, one day :)
Good luck with your dart !
Get it done while you’re young.
I’m turning 60 soon, it’s getting harder and harder to work on them.

Last edited:
I bought them second hand/ new.
They are mustang rotors that Ram does some machining to for the inner seal to fit.
They’re 4.5 bolt pattern. They use stock wheel bearings, National A2 & A6. I bought new bearings, rotors came with new seals.
Instructions say Mopar used two different venders for the dust shields, and depending on which ones you have you may need to open the center hole for inner hub/seal area to fit into it. Of course I was lucky and had to get out a grinder. Swapped them in a couple of hours. Swapping rear axles tomorrow.
….I think the hub gets machined so the rear race/bearing gets sunk in a little deeper also.

Last edited:
-
Back