Just introducing myself

-

1970dartfan

Hello, My name is joe and I am 17 years old. I am a huge fan of all Darts, but 1970 340 Swingers are my favorite. I live in central NJ and I have been saving up for awhile in hopes to afford my dream car. I hope to learn alot from this site and the experiences of the members here.

Welcome to FABO! You have come to the right place. Lot of good people here to help you out. Good luck on your Mopar hunt.

Welcome aboard Joe...good choice on cars, I own a couple '70 340 Swingers. Where you located ? I might be selling my red car...it is a project though.

Welcome aboard Joe...good choice on cars, I own a couple '70 340 Swingers. Where you located ? I might be selling my red car...it is a project though.

I see that you live in Edison, I live in Metuchen, about two blocks from the old Suburban Dodge building. I would be interested in your 340 Swinger if I could afford it. Is it a four speed, what kind of shape is it in and how complete is it? BTW...Red is my favorite color.

I see that you live in Edison, I live in Metuchen, about two blocks from the old Suburban Dodge building. I would be interested in your 340 Swinger if I could afford it. Is it a four speed, what kind of shape is it in and how complete is it? BTW...Red is my favorite color.

Wow...I worked at Suburban dodge for years...small world. I will PM you about my Swinger, maybe you can come and check it out.

Welcome Joe !
I joined here long before I found My Dart .It's great to get input from all the knowledgable folks here before making a purchase. Good Luck to you !

A big welcome Joe. Good luck on finding a nice Dart, this might be the best time to buy. This place is the best for all your Dart fixes.

GregH

Thank you all for welcoming me. I think I have found the right site me, I just got off the phone with 340john, turns out he lives about 3 miles from me. I am going to his house to look at one of his 340 Swinger's tomorrow.

Welcome aboard Joe, good mopar taste !!! I also like that 70 dart model, I live here in México city, a friend of mine owns one, it is the mexican performance version, it was called Dart GTS, it has now a 360 engine, originally was a 318 4 barrel 4 speed hurst shifter, 270 hp by mexican specs it actually has a tiny "270HP" nameplate attached to the fender, rally I/P, etc. Most darts in México came factory with the slant 6 225 CID, so these GTS are very rare. I own a 1976 Valiant Super Bee (mexican performance Duster) with a 360 and 4 speed, matching numbers, 76 was the last A bodies year, I also own an 1982 Dodge Dart M body slant 6 3 speed stick on the steering column, three-on-the-tree thay called back on the day.
I hope you enjoy a lot being around.
Regards,
MexicanWhiteBee

Welcome to FABO Joe ! Let us know if you get the 340 swinger project from the other memeber. Keep us posted with some pictures. We all love car ****!
Matt

Welcome Fan!WOW it didn,t take long for you to find a car to maybe start with,right in your own backyard!Hope it,s what you want and can start to learn Mopar!Good Luck and I,m sure you,ll get lots of advise and help here.The guys are great and very knowledgeable!

Not wanting to br nosy here But,
I was sort of wondering if he got to buy the car from 340john? So let us know 1970dartfan or 340john if the kid got to buy the car of his dreams?
Matt

Joe came and looked at the car. With his obligations as far as family and school...and saving for college, he is really not in a position to buy a car right now. I think he is a great kid with alot of potential, and I told him he is welcome to come to my house/garage anytime. I will be taking him to some car shows this year to help fuel his interest. I asked him to come over and give me a hand on the 69 Road Runner I am restoring. I think he will be gaining some knowlage and maybe I can give him some extra money for helping me at the same time.

340john i think that is a great thing that you are doing for him! I have made some of the best friends that i have in life though cars and mopars. Hopefully both of you can gain in that friendship.
Matt

Welcome aboard Joe, and a big thank you to 340john, Keep our new young gun going John, We are proud to have yall with us.

Welcome to the site! I am also a big fan of the '70 Dart Swingers. My wife and I are the third owners of one. It is originally a slant-6 but I have built a genuine '70 360 engine for it. It is going candy Caribbean blue with a white interior. We have the chassis work all done with disc brakes and big bolt pattern. Good luck finding the car of your dreams! By the way, my wife, Ellie, is a Jersey girl and I'm a big fan of Bruce Springsteen!
Pat:cheers:

Joe came and looked at the car. With his obligations as far as family and school...and saving for college, he is really not in a position to buy a car right now. I think he is a great kid with alot of potential, and I told him he is welcome to come to my house/garage anytime. I will be taking him to some car shows this year to help fuel his interest. I asked him to come over and give me a hand on the 69 Road Runner I am restoring. I think he will be gaining some knowlage and maybe I can give him some extra money for helping me at the same time.

Thats a great situation for both of you. There is nothing like a little mentoring from someone who know whats up. I am up here in Morristown, not too far from you guys. I hope to get the bugs worked out of my Barracuda in time for Mopars at E-town and will also be checking out some cruise nights. I go down to Somerville every once and a while and I hear that Metuchen has a good turn out too. Hopefully we can meet up.

-
Back