Just moved to Houston

-

Orionsax7

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just moved to Houston from Los Angeles and found this website. Just dropping in to say hello.

I have a 1971 Demon sporting a 318 w/ 360 heads. Headers and 2 1/2" dual exhaust. 72 trans and 8 1/4" rear with 2.76 gears(I kept them in since I had to drive this car from Los Angeles). Two pics of the car and engine are still up on the "most recent pics" area.

-Alex

Yeah. I was looking at the Mopar Performance 360 to drop in. But I think I'm going to go with Maund Motorworks out of Pennsylvania instead. Been talking to the owner recently and he said he could build me a 400hp-450hp range 360 for around $3200. I was also thinking of a possible stroker 360 but that would be out of my price range. I don't want to spend much more than $3000 on it but I also don't want to cut corners and have an unreliable motor. This will be a daily driver with 1/4 mile runs about once a month just for fun.

When I get the motor, I am also going to drop in a set of TTI's with X-pipe 2 1/2" exhaust and Edelbrock SDT mufflers.

Hey Alex, glad you posted. It's good to have another a-body owner nearby. And from the PM chat we had the other day, it sounds like we are right around the corner from each other.

If you want to spec a motor and have it built locally, I know a great machine shop up in Tomball. They built my 416 stroker shortblock and the workmanship looks great. I think they can beat the price you were given by Maund.

Also, I have a freshly mag'd crank that was ground 10/10 that I did not use since I went with the stroker. I also have a pair of bare 360 heads and a set of 360 rods. I need to sell this stuff eventually, so if you want any of it let me know.

Yeah, that'd be great. I prefer to get it built locally but I have no idea where the good machine shops are. I don't want to get jipped, you know? If I was still in Los Angeles, I'd know exactly where to go but not here. Can you tell me the name of the place or do you have a contact number? I'd like to give them a call.

I have '71 360 J heads on my 318 right now. Had them rebuilt about a year ago. I'm thinking I could probably re-use them? They currently have the smaller valves(1.88in/1.60ex. i think).
7df1.jpg

I would need a nice 360 block to rebuild though. Gotta start looking up the junkyards now. I heard there's a guy that has nothing but Mopar stuff way down 1960 to the east. Would that be a good place to look?

The machine shop is G&G Performance. You will want to talk to Joe, the number is 281-351-6202.

And evidently I'm not the right guy to ask, 'where can I find a good block?' lol It took me two tries, and even then the second one needed 4 sleeves to make it good.

-
Back