Just my luck!!

-

78kitcar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So last Friday my brother and i head to the Indy swap meet.Saturday morning woke up excited to bang around some rusty metal anyways i picked up the 2 main things on my list for my swinger project a ram air hood and a 340 block.Life was great!!! So after walking the building a dozen time its time to go i get on 70 east to start my trip home with a smile from ear to ear and get about 15 min or so outside of the fairgrounds when my life gets turned upside down I'm following a Chevy s10 and i watch his spare tire fall from under his truck and start bouncing about 15 to 20 feet in the air.I didn't have time to think let alone get out of its way so the front of my work van ate this thing at 70mph and stopped me in my tracks i thought i was going to DIE! I must have hit the tire perfectly because it did no damage to the body of my van it just rolled under and tried to exit through my engine bay destroying my radiator a/c condenser fan and fan shroud sway bar and mounts and so on.Do you think this A$$HOLE would stop to see if he had just killed someone NOPE! drove away like nothing happened.So I'm stuck about 300 miles from home and need a tow truck i call a towing service he tells me his insurance will only allow him to tow 100 miles so he gets me from greenfield Indiana to Dayton Ohio $270 for flat bed service.So now i call a different company to get me from Dayton to northroyalton Ohio (suburb of Cleveland) that tow cost me $706.20 for flat bed service.totaling $976.20.Moday afternoon i get a call from my insurance company telling me damage is estimated at $1900 plus my $250 deductible.So now i have to get a rental van seeing this is my work vehicle and i do have rental coverage so this should"nt be that bad oh wait theres a loop hole insurance only cover $25 bucks a day and a rental van cost's $85 a day so now i have about $540 in rental bills for 9 days of rental.I'm not done yet because i dont have my van back yet so my problem isn't over yet!!!!!!!!
Moral of the story i don't know I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for my long winded problem but i need to get it off my chest!
Itried to upload some pics but they are to big can someone resize them for me?

This is what i say to the guy driving the s10 saturday afternoon:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

The moral is you need to get into your insurance company's $%^#$ and tell them to file this under your uninsured or underinsured section of the policy instead of your comp section. You have to get real firm because they don't like to do this. The other section will pay for everything because it was not your fault. This is how it is in NC, maybe its the same where ever you live. Good luck, I had the exact same thing happen to me about 4 years ago.

That really sucks. On the bright side, you weren't hurt. Do you think he even knew the tire fell out ?

He knew because when it dropped it rolled over and lifted the bed of his truck off the ground same thing it did to me when it exited the back of my van and ripped my spare tire off in the process i was surprised nobody behind me was effected i ate a small 14" maybe 15" tire but after i was done with it i shot it out the back of my van along with my 16" wheel and tire.Your right john good thing nobody was hurt.

Glad you're alright first off!
Second glad it didn't damage your hood! LOL!

Uninsured or underinsured section of the policy is where you need to file.

You should post his spare on craigslist.

For Return: 15" spare tire the was projected from rear of S-10 on highway that lodged under my van causing thousands of dollars in damage. Call ***-***-XXXX to claim spare and a special surprise that I have for you. Bring Band-Aids.

Glad you're alright first off!
Second glad it didn't damage your hood! LOL!

Uninsured or underinsured section of the policy is where you need to file.
that's what i thought he was going to say...lol...that it landed and wrecked his new hood...

I am glad his 340 block did not come flying to the vans cab.
I wonder if a video camera has his truck on it on the highway some where close by. Glad you and your brother are ok 78kitcar :cheers:
It sure could have came in through the wind shield.

No I'm happy to report the hood and the 340 are fine!!! I would have been really mad if something happened to them. I did file a police report with a state trooper.
thanks guys for reading my rant also while digging on fabo i found a member here "wildcat" who is from greenfield Indiana where the accident happened so wildcat if you read this I'm looking for a green Chevy s10 with no tailgate early to mid 90's i hope it isn't yours lol

That's a real freak accident.
A really wierd thing to happen.
I bet you about $$$$$hit seeing that tire come at you.
Glad your alright.
Hope you can find that Knucklehead and make
his insurance pay.

Well Im glad to hear that you are both ok. I know its scary as hell. I had a similar incident years back when a tire came bouncing over the the divider near the 71/480 split. It only hit the rear quarter and that was bad enough, cant imagine having 1 coming straight at me like you did.

WoW!!!! Good thing you are both OK. You need to go all the way with this as far as legality. There may have been a camera at some point on the highway??? They have them all over the place here. I would check into that. And definately look into your insurance paying for everything. Thats why we have insurance. Sorry to hear about the A$$ hole who didn't stop. I hope he gets busted. He commited some major felonies.

-
Back