just need to vent

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
well i have been checking in from time to time the last past few days..having some problems with my truck (dump truck) most on here that keeps up with me know i am self employed ....i work about 50 miles from home so i sometimes leave my truck at a friends house and save money on the fuel... well went to pick my truck up sat. as i had a job close by home , on the way home the trans started to act up...called some trans people and they said to do this cost 100.00 ok i got that , replace that part and same thing..call again and said replace this and did that same thing...now i am starting to think i am going to have to buy a trans for my truck..(3000.00 with core ) then its another 800.00:protest: to pull and replace it...now is not the best time..i have to pay my fuel tax,get my sticker for the plates on the truck and pay ins. this mth.. oh this mth is about over.. well damn..thats 2500.00 more :wack:..not letting it get me down but just need to vent as i have made a few changes in my life in the last year or so..i dont get upset,and let things piss me off like before, i dont get excited over stuff,and i try to just blow it off and say well things happen for a reason.. and that is so true..why i say its true??? well after i got my truck home and got under it to look it over i notice my driveshaft was loose to the point i could turn the bolt by hand.. i had a vib. but i just put 2 new tires on it last monday(500.00) so i thought it was from the new tires...so it could have really been bad if that had came out going down the road..:prayer:glad i got it before it did mess things up...but i just need to vent thanks for listing ...

can you pick up a used transmission to get you buy until cash starts rolling a little better?

I know dump truck transmissions are a PITA to do but it may last just as long as a rebuilt one; if anything it should have a month warrenty

yea the junk yard want 2500.00 plus core for used.. new rebuild trans 3000.00 12mths warr...just a really rough time for it to happen right now..i will get pass it but man when it rain it pours as they say....

How about a little info on the truck... year, make, model. I own a transmission shop, maybe I can help somehow.

Sorry, It's a little out of my league. I was hoping it would be more like a landscaping type dump truck.I will ask around and see if I can help.

Sorry, It's a little out of my league. I was hoping it would be more like a landscaping type dump truck.I will ask around and see if I can help.

lo thats no problem thanks for the offer...:prayer::prayer::prayer::D

:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer: i would like to thank all that listen (read) my vent and for the offer on the help.. i have it back up and going.. so far i test drove it and things look and feel great.. now to work tonight, been up since 8am this morning....:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dyou guys are the best:prayer::prayer:

-
Back