JUST WANT TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE

-

Dutchman

Reaction score
1708778300098.png
I want to say hello to everyone. I’m really psyched to even be around you guys who will have many knowledge drops on me.

I got into hemi engines a few years ago. Most of you here have probably forgotten more than I’ll ever know. But I’m in love with early hemi’s. I started collecting hemi parts and my latest collection is in mock now. My baby is a1969 ELEPHANT HEMI 2468330-1 RL-Raised Deck BLOCK, Dry Sumped, loaded with many, EXTREMELY RARE, factory and aftermarket pieces. I get jacked just looking at this engine!

I’m an old street racer drag racing light to light on J & L streets in Sacramento California Friday and Saturday nights as a kid. I’ve driven a little dirt SuperModifides , Sprint Car and Champ Car. Now I’m just a worn out vintage guy. I used to be a Hard Card, (in the union) Indy Car Team Member in Indy Lights for the Superior Aviation Car. I’d love to talk about my Elephant Hemi and even find parts for more Hemi’s. I love’m, and I’m an old school Hemi head. Lol

Dutchman

Last edited:
Welcome from Texas, tell us more about the Hemi and what you plan on installing it in.

I bet you if you cut a Hemi in half and made it into a four-cylinder it would be the baddest 4-cylinder ever..oh yeah...goodday mate!!

Welcome Dutchman, glad to have you among us. I’m sure you’ll be a valuable asset to the site and it’s many members!

Hello Demonracer. I’ve been mocking the Elephant up in a 100” Champ Car. After building the chassis and running gear, I’ve made all the bucks, fixtures, and molds for the current chassis. I was thinking of attempting some world records with it. I’ve even contemplated the possibility at Bristol or maybe Winchesters Oval. When I scale the car with the Elephant, it’s somewhat problematic, to say the least. Lol. Unfortunately, the CG is very high on this engine and I don’t want to lay it over so I’ve thought of an all-aluminum big block hemi. It might be interesting to run it on 45% nitro for a couple of laps. We think we could generate 2,500hp. We just don’t want to destroy this extremely rare engine. I’m sort of up in the air at this point in Project Elephant Hemi. It’s taken me 8yrs to find all these rare parts. Lol. I do have a few highly regarded hemi connections that are from high levels of NHRA and Drag Boat Racing that would like to put this Elephant in something else. There’s probably a Superbird missing its engine and keeping it from being a 2.5 million dollar car at Barrett Jackson. LMAO. I do love the engine though.

1.26.24 486.JPG

Welcome to FABO from SoCal!
Love the look of your Champ Car with the Hemi in it.
Have you considered maybe doing a lakebed/salt run with it? Would a straight line run like that negate the high CG of the Hemi?

The Ad Agency PR Firm for the sponsor, www.NoFireTechnology.com has a program they set up called 'The Triple Crown'.They want to attempt to set the world record on an oval, Drag Strip (in its class), and Bonneville (in its class) It would be the first car to hold all three world records. I would have to re-skin the chassis for Bonneville, but that's what I did in Indy Car, Body, Aero, Underside, and left rear tire changer. Which BTW we never changed tires during a race in Indy Lights Team I was on in 1995

IMO the oval would need to be a high bank for the best chance at a one lap world record.

But I'm tired lol

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Dutchman :thumbsup: congratulations on finding this place I call home, and I agree with @cosgig that you will be some help for others here, and share your knowledge, I am an old dirt racer, sons go fast now on the dirt, me, well a 2.930 lb Plymouth Valiant with a strong ol LA 360 gets me down the road and drag strip.

Car show wedding pic's 146.jpg

Welcome from Texas, tell us more about the Hemi and what you plan on installing it in.
THE ELEPHANT

Welcome aboard Dutchman :thumbsup: congratulations on finding this place I call home, and I agree with @cosgig that you will be some help for others here, and share your knowledge, I am an old dirt racer, sons go fast now on the dirt, me, well a 2.930 lb Plymouth Valiant with a strong ol LA 360 gets me down the road and drag strip.

View attachment 1716212101
Bro that baby is straight, clean with a cool sit. The two-tone color is stellar. Its showroom beautiful. It reminds me of a TV commercial with the leaves on it.

Welcome from WI. I am interested in following along with what you are up to.

Welcome from WI. I am interested in following along with what you are up to.
Thanks for the complement I hope I fill some entertainment value. I'm still cobbling the resources to finish this project. I'll be leaning on the engine sponsor for more help. He said I couldn't have picked a more expensive engine to build and he was right. But the program needed this engine to have a chance to set all the stock block records the Ad Agency wanted. I have access to more small block hemi parts i might be able to sling. I know of a large stack of small block early hemi heads and some really nice ones too. Like they say, you gotta be in it to win it. lol.

-
Back