k frame Id'ing

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
is there an easy way to tell the difference between a 73+ /6 k-frame vs a v8 frame?

I'm not sure which one I have, I thought it was a v8 frame but now i'm not sure

/6 one side is much taller than the other for the motor mount, v8 are about level

I believe shumacher has a page to help ID K frames.

K-%20frame%204.jpg

Yeah i saw the schumacher page and looked off that but i'm a little confused.

I baught a parts car .....by the vin numbers it was a v8 car but it didn't have a motor in it.

Looking at the k-frame it looks as if its really a /6 I measured the size of the drivers side mount and it seems to be the same size as the drivers side mount on my /6 one that is in my car

Since this thread exists it seems like a good place to ask...How do you tell the earlier, '68-72 k-member from the later, '73-'76 style? Engine mounts aren't an option for me; my k-member is hacked to bits. I know mine's not the original '67 k-member and the car has a BBP setup, but I suspect the k-member is a '68-'72 piece...Is there any other way to tell? I remember seeing something about the swaybar, but does anyone have pics of the differences?

http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/K-Frames.html

That is the page that A-body joe referenced that should help a bit. I believe the 67 was a one year only and where the idler arm connects only has one tap on the bottom instead of one on the top and bottom.

I was really just asking in my thread to confirm what I knew just didn't want to admit :(

Oh well worse things then having a good /6 frame to swap I already have a set of mounts that will work so it might not be a bad thing after all

Since this thread exists it seems like a good place to ask...How do you tell the earlier, '68-72 k-member from the later, '73-'76 style? Engine mounts aren't an option for me; my k-member is hacked to bits. I know mine's not the original '67 k-member and the car has a BBP setup, but I suspect the k-member is a '68-'72 piece...Is there any other way to tell? I remember seeing something about the swaybar, but does anyone have pics of the differences?

How do you tell the earlier, '68-72 k-member from the later, '73-'76 style?

7-up has spool mounts

67 is different where the idler arm bolts. 67 just uses a stud from the idler arma nd a single nut to hold it on. 68-up uses a through bolt to hold the idler arm on

-
Back