k frame question

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
i have a 73 scamp im putting togather i sandblasted and painted the k frame i noticed there is a brass bushing where the lower control arm pivot shaft goes in.
where do i find these bushings ?

Not supposed to be a removable brass bushing there.

There is a steel tube that is welded into the K-member. The LCA pin should fit snug inside there and it would be symmetrical and not-oblong inside.

Pics would REALLY help.

Brass bushing?

You should post a picture, because if there really is a brass bushing in there it isn't stock. Should just be a steel tube welded in there.

***EDIT***

And Steve beat me to it...:D

you're right its steel.....but i did some welding around it and now i have to remove some slag from inside the tube

A common problem on many of these! The sleeves for the LCA shaft were not welded in very well on a lot of these cars and they are often broken loose and wallowed out.

Here's how well they are welded. For best results, cut open a section of the bottom and weld on the inside.

Attachments

• DW213185.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DW153948.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 195
I had the whole thing break loose on me. Some A-Bodies had a C shaped piece of metal welded around it for reinforcement. It doesn't look like the front end of the tube gets welded.

I had the whole thing break loose on me. Some A-Bodies had a C shaped piece of metal welded around it for reinforcement. It doesn't look like the front end of the tube gets welded.

See my pics for how the front of the tube gets welded...Pretty pitiful if you ask me. I'm dying to tear my GTS apart to see how that K-member looks (150k-plus miles).

-
Back