K-Frame to Rail Bolts (x4)

-

krondo.wg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to find where I can buy NEW K-frame bolts. I've looked around ARP, mancinis, yearone, ect... and I cannot find anything close to it.

I've found used ones on ebag, but the threads look horrible. Two out of the four I have, are ate up bad. I think the battery leaked and burned a hole in the top of the frame rail. Then it got inside, and traveled downhill, over the two driver side bolts.
:(

Anyone have any luck finding these in the past.

('73 340 Duster)

Grade * bolts from a hardware store will work. I'm not sure what the thread is right now. I could check tomarrow. Lowes ,etc.., may not have them but a real nut and bolt store would have.

My only concern with a non-original type bolt is that they have a special shoulder on the shank that locates the k-member properly and squarely to the frame.

My only concern with a non-original type bolt is that they have a special shoulder on the shank that locates the k-member properly and squarely to the frame.
Hmmmm,
I dont recall a shoulder on those bolts but then I'm getting old.
Definately be looking for it tomarrow morn. I've never seen a torque spec for those bolts in a service manual either but someone came up with one before in a thread here.

Cheers

Just take a wrench to any junkyard and you can pull 2 out with no problem If you can 't find them, I have 2 extras that I could send you.......
Mike

I've heard about them being a special bolt, being able to square up the k-frame. I haven't gone to lowes or home depot because I figured they wouldn't have a grade 8 that large.

Also, i haven't found any torque specs either...

First... bump bump.
Second, is there any one that has any idea of what to torque these bolts to? I have the Haynes, and Chilton, and cannot find any info on it.

Or maybe someone with some spare time and a torque wrench could spend a few minutes and narrow down the ft/lbs for me...

Anyways, any input is welcomed!

I know I have 4 of those bolts out and stuck somewhere. I couldn't find them.
Therfore I wont argue with the special form. Like I said before , I've never seen a torque spec for those bolts in any factory service manuals suspension section.
Someone did psot a spec here once before. If it was accurate it most have came from frame shop books.
I would suggest you get them tight as possible with an impact for now and not go after the final torque until the car is resting on its wheels. Reason being , with enough pull bar and cheater pipe you could pull the car off the jack stands.

Redfish, good observation on the jack stand issue. Hah, that would have been awsome!

Phantom that 150 sounds about right. I sat on the bolt with an impact for approx. 1 minute each.

I'll check to see if there's any "crash books" for a 73 duster. Most of the frame books out there now only go back to the mid/early 80's.

Thanks for the help guys!

I just installed a k-frame on my 72 Swinger, the original manual has the torque for the bolts and I believe it was 150 Ft/lbs as mentioned before is correct. I also have a couple sets of bolts if you need.

-
Back