k frame.

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
the car im getting has a /6 k frame in it, but comes with a v8 one.
dose it matter which one i use? planning on using a motor plate sooo....

Oh wait, slight K member clearance for the oil pan could be needed. Minor sawzall action.

Im in the middle of doing that to mine....well if I could get off my butt and get to the garage that is....Im real lazy today

Attachments

• 2011-03-17_16-27-19_850.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 616
  • 2011-03-17_19-27-29_548.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 595
Ha ha ha, WELLLLL, OK THEN!

That is alittle more extensive than a stock pan mod, but, since you have it out........
It's gotta be alot easier to test fit that way.

Yeah, I got a real large oil pan. hahaha. I'm also cutting weight off of it. I was just gonna box it in, more or less just how it is here. Now I think that I'm gonna cut it in half and run some CM tubing between the 2 halves. Its only metal....you can fix anything if you make a mistake.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread with my stuff...sorry

I have the exact same question except I'm not using a motor plate. I have a 440 and both /6 and small block K frames. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Schumacher kit so if there's a good reason to use one or the other, it'll determine the part number I order. I can't see any advantage / disadvantage to either one, but I'm always willing to learn from you guys. Is the answer any different when using plain old motor mounts?

Now I think that I'm gonna cut it in half and run some CM tubing between the 2 halves. Its only metal....you can fix anything if you make a mistake.

Let us know how it turns out. Pics would be cool too. Thinking of doing the same thing to mine.

Here you go Russ... some pics to consider.

Kframelightened.jpg

Kframelightened2.jpg

Kframelightened1.jpg

HoltKMember2t.jpg

HoltKMember1.jpg

Bondo4223e.jpg

6538547-DSCN3502.jpg

-
Back