K- member swap help needed.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
i have a 67 dart. the front suspension is all new parts. i have decided to swap the k member over to the 68 and newer style with the bolt thru idler arm. my question is this:

can i use the 67 pitman arm and center link?

is it just a matter of getting the correct idler arm and swapping everything over?

thank you for the help in advance.

Only need to change idler arm.

Everything else will work fine.

You should be able to sell that idler arm pretty easy.

Only need to change idler arm.

Everything else will work fine.

You should be able to sell that idler arm pretty easy.

i see that they have gone up in price. i did a complete front end rebuilt 4 yrs ago and the car has just been sittting ever since. i paid 85 for it then. they are up to 135 now.

You can also cut the idler arm bracket off the later K-member and weld it to your existing K-member if you don't want to change everything and have it realigned. You just need to reset the toe-in.

You can also cut the idler arm bracket off the later K-member and weld it to your existing K-member if you don't want to change everything and have it realigned. You just need to reset the toe-in.

this whole swap came about because i modified the new k-member for a new oil pan. i already had the engine swap brackets for the biscuit style mounts and the k memeber i had laying around was a 72 style.

102_0131.jpg

102_0170.jpg

-
Back