K member swap or not

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
I found a K member from a 73 Dart for sale at 100 bucks, complete with 360 spool mounts no gaurantees on the rubber.

My dart had the /6 k member so I intended to use the schumacher kits (or trans dap).

My question is, would it be easier tog et the V8 K-member or use the kit? Is there clearance issues for the 360 stock oil pan against the /6 k-mamber and would the new one mean no new oil pan?

thanks!

I found a K member from a 73 Dart for sale at 100 bucks, complete with 360 spool mounts no gaurantees on the rubber.

My dart had the /6 k member so I intended to use the schumacher kits (or trans dap).

My question is, would it be easier tog et the V8 K-member or use the kit? Is there clearance issues for the 360 stock oil pan against the /6 k-mamber and would the new one mean no new oil pan?

thanks!

i think it would be easier to use the schumacher kits, just bolt in the conversion mounts as compared to completly yanking out the old k member and installing the new one. As long as you use the center sump (car style) 360 oil pan you will be fine, no clearance issues.

I intended to pull out my K member anyway to clean it up and makes ure no rust was building up...

But if the only gain to doing this making it more like stock i am not going for it.

But until I bought new mounts and the K-member it would cost about the same as a kit.

If you are pulling the K anyways, get the spool mount. It's a much better design than the biscuit style 72 down set up.

Make sure the spool mount brackets are for a 340-360 and a car set, not a truck... IIRC, they are different between car and truck.

-
Back