Status
Not open for further replies.

64-50-40

newest fan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 70 or 71 k-member out of a challenger. It has 318 mounts on it. I bought it to have it switched to a slant six 225 mounts and have it boxed ,notched, and gusseted. All around beefed to the gills so I can start from a new foundation to go disk in the front of my 64' valiant. I had a man on here tell me it wont fit in my car. I would trade it strait up for one that will fit in my car that has good slant six 225 mounts in it. I don't care about the rubber will purchase new. Now when I got this the old timer told me what it was and I'm inclined to believe him, but must confess my ignorance for I am not 100 percent sure. It looks a lot like mine in my car. I will tell you this it is been rust coated back in the 70s it is in excellent shape. I am very interested in this trade I paid 150.00 for it I don't even know if I got ripped off. I am happy to give pictures through an e-mail not going to fool with pic site. get a hold of me.:blob:

Early a bodies all have the same k frame no swap required.
As for disk brakes all you need is upper control arms and the spindle and brake parts off a 73-76 a body.

64 r04 is early a is not a 70 to 71 a b body?
plus getting new motor mounts put on just be a hell a lot easier if I started out with one that was already a /6 to begin with.

All early A body K frames are the same! Doesn't matter if it is a slant 6 car or V8! The K frame you have will not fit an early A body car, period! It is from a different body style, an E body, and will be too wide, the bolt holes will be in a different location and it just won't fit no matter what mods you do! You need an early A body K frame!

Here is a picture of an early A body K frame! Yes, it's for sale...$50 plus shipping and will fit your car and mount a slant 6 with no modifications!! Interested?? PM me your zip and ill throw it in a box for a shipping quote! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back