K member

-

1969cuda340

Reaction score
Looking for a 1970 Dart 340 k member. No they are not the same. If you have you know why. Anyway please let me know. Thanks

Looking for a 1970 Dart 340 k member. No they are not the same. If you have you know why. Anyway please let me know. Thanks
Please tell me more about this unique piece?

Jake

The difference is literally a washer (that does nothing) and a couple of half moon washer shapes welded to the LCA pivot tube holes (not the strut rod holes). You could do a better job of reinforcing the LCA pivot tubes with a couple of heavy duty washers from the hardware store welded on with a Harbor Freight MIG welder, even if you don't really know how to weld. Nothing else was different about the K's, and some of the factory welds on that stuff were atrocious.

This is the washer, used to ID the K's
attachment-jpg.jpg

These are the LCA pivot "reinforcements". And the "reinforcement" term is used very loosely.
attachment-jpg.jpg

There are also some original '70 340 cars that didn't have them, so, it wouldn't even really be incorrect to have a '70 340 car without this stuff. Way more info on them here...

340 K Member ??

I didn’t mean the strut holes
Although that is what I said.
But if it doesn’t matter I should be able to get one cheap.
Thanks

I didn’t mean the strut holes
Although that is what I said.
But if it doesn’t matter I should be able to get one cheap.
Thanks

I definitely wouldn’t worry about it too much. I mean, if you knew your car had one and just needed to make it correct I guess. But like I said not even all the 340 cars had them. They were supposed to, but we know how that worked with Ma Mopar.

I think reinforcing the k-frame is important, especially at the LCA pivots. But you can easily do a better job than what the factory did with just some HD washers at the same location.

Let me add a washer to my mine. Dang the price just went up $200. How many 340 K frames would you like? Lol

Whatever......if you find good k frame first thing to do is clean it well and reinforce it reweld all seams and and gusset the steering box location, and make sure you weld a heavy gauge washer for the lca pivots, did this to a 74 k frame spool type for my 72 dart worked out well.

-
Back