K1 rods disscount code needed

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I can't remember for the life of me if it was on FABO OR. ORG but a member posted a discount code for Campbell racing I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a set of rods and was hoping somebody still has the code
All help is much appreciated
Aaron

Dude

the prices are 50.00 off for a set compared to what they were a year ago,, if you do get a set, check the lock slot width and depth, I got a set for a cast crank motor last month and the slots are shallow and narrow. K1 and Campbell agreed the slots were wrong. I put a posting up on .org on that.
regards

Dude

the prices are 50.00 off for a set compared to what they were a year ago,, if you do get a set, check the lock slot width and depth, I got a set for a cast crank motor last month and the slots are shallow and narrow. K1 and Campbell agreed the slots were wrong. I put a posting up on .org on that.
regards

must be nice to just have money to throw around...

:burnout:Kid,,somehow you missed the part about checking the lock slots,, that was the relevant information in my post.
here is the rest of the story
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47258

thanks!

Was there ever a problem with the rods for the forged crank?

The machine shop that assembled our short block, initally (we have since removed and replaced the pistons for ring end-gap adjustments) never mentioned any problems, but I wonder? The crank turned freely with little torque needed to spin it, and it has since, started up and run for cam break-in, without incident.

But, I still wonder..

Bill

mine were cast crank rods,, in the .org post some of the replies are from guys that run forged cranks,, a good engine builder should check the bearing fit and fix the slot width/depth if needed,,if your not having a problem,, yours were either good or fixed, I contacted K1 on this as it certainly is not right and if someone was not watching, they could miss it.

regards
John

I was going to buy a set myself, but Frank treated me right on some 198 rods. Thanks Frank! I think it's awesome you can afford them, they are badass.

Bill

mine were cast crank rods,, in the .org post some of the replies are from guys that run forged cranks,, a good engine builder should check the bearing fit and fix the slot width/depth if needed,,if your not having a problem,, yours were either good or fixed, I contacted K1 on this as it certainly is not right and if someone was not watching, they could miss it.

regards
John

I think you're 100-percent key-rect, John!!!

Thanks for the info!

Was there ever a problem with the rods for the forged crank?

The machine shop that assembled our short block, initally (we have since removed and replaced the pistons for ring end-gap adjustments) never mentioned any problems, but I wonder? The crank turned freely with little torque needed to spin it, and it has since, started up and run for cam break-in, without incident.

But, I still wonder..

Mine were early and I sent them back and they put the needed tang slot in.

Didn't ask and the subject didn't come up.

I'm going to assume they fixed the ones they still had; why wouldn't they?

They don't need the kind of problems that sending out unfinished maching would create....

Thanks for the reply!

-
Back