-
Status
Not open for further replies.

krondo.wg

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a '73 340 duster with a siezed motor. Is this motor something I should hang onto or would trading it for a running 318/360 be a good choice?

Also I'm not sure if it's the detuned, or the full compression 340. I'll find that out soon once I yank out.

I,d have it rebuilt,maybe even stroke it.A 340 is starting to get scarse so it would be like a collectors dream to have one in their 340 car instead of 318/360.my opinion..

keep it . fix it for shure at least find out why it is seized. Id rather have a 340 . they make their own kind power which you will like.

I agree. That is a no brainer keep the 340. Just DO NOT let the machinist talk you into boring more than .040 over. This will make the walls too thin and you could have overheating issues. Enjoy the ride.

By all means keep it with the car, even if u go with another motor, dont seperate it from car, if the car is a real 340 car you would be smart to keep it all together, if u dont u must pay pittance to MOPAR GOD...lol....

Check the numbers on it. If it is a numbers matching block, you gotta keep it. I'd tear it down to see how bad it is before I'd get rid of it though.

I'll be pulling the 340 next week. I'll check on the numbers and see if they match up. Also, I'll check out if it has the "x", or "j" heads.

I'd like to keep the motor with the car, but the damned thing is most likely in real bad shape. Also, I'm getting some real good offers for this thing. I just want to make sure that keeping it for rebuilding purposes is a good choice, or if I'd be better off taking some of these offers, (including running 318's, 360's that have already been rebuilt.)

I won't be bringing this car to the drags much. I just want to tear up the streets, burn out, wake up the neighborhood, and lay to waste imports. I've heard that 340 parts are hard to come by. The availability of the parts are important to me just like being able to run off of pump gas is important.

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. Have a good weekend!

Also, it's pretty cool there's a forums strickly for A bodies. I had no clue... pretty bad *** man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back