kelsey hayes brakes

-

hilbillyconques

Reaction score
i found a car that has the kelsey hayes 4 piston brakes i am wanting to buy for my 67 dart , the guy says they have new ball joints , a frame bushings i cant tell they are new and would probably replace them any way . he wants 300 dollars for everything complete including the power brake booster and all hard ware . my question is , is the a frames the same between the drum brakes and the disc , is the lower control arm the same, can you get all the parts to refurbish them ( brake pads , wheel bearings , ball joints, a frame bushings, calipers, brake lines etc.) and if so where can you get these parts at.
thanks for any help
dewayne henderson

They should go right on. Most cars with the quad calipers had sway bars so the difference in lower arms is the bracket for that only. Haven't tried to get any of the parts in a long time, all my cars are the newer stuff now.

thats why i was wondering about the lower control arms mine , the drums thats on the car now has the sway bar and the ones with the disc dont have a sway bar.

You can buy all the parts, but when you add all the pieces, this gets pricey.

Try ESPO for a front end kit, and my opinion is that $300 is too much for the parts he is selling. The craigslist post shown in an earlier reply is more in line with what you should pay.

Caliper rebuild kits are available.

Search this forum for the Kelsey Hayes brake sources. Parts numbers and sources are listed in threads from last year.

You could go with either set

Balljoints for disc are different only in the bolt size...Might be a little beefier if i recall correctly

Either lower control arm will work, if yours have sway bar tabs, keep those
The whole thing will bolt right up!

I personally spent a little more for a clean set since I didnt want to rebuild...all the parts are out there just not super duper common.

I swaped out spindles control arms are the same . the brake rotors calipers and pads are common with a 1969 corvett the hubs where the only thing I had a problem finding

-
Back