Kelsey hayes disc brake caliper hardware

-

Moparhead

Reaction score
I've started doing the drum to disc swap from scratch I've sourced every thing except the caliper hardware does anyone have any retaining springs pins and or bushing i found the calipers online and the break lines that bolt to it. Just haven't found the hardware for caliper thank you.

Most of the small bits & pieces can be sourced from Mustang hardware kits of a similar vintage, which used very similar KH brakes.
RockAuto stocks them, along with all the other usual sources. Also Mustang vendors.

Most of the small bits & pieces can be sourced from Mustang hardware kits of a similar vintage, which used very similar KH brakes.
RockAuto stocks them, along with all the other usual sources. Also Mustang vendors.
I just did some quick looking it doesn't look very similar too the Mopar kh retainer springs and such ?

Also the KH calipers are hard mounted no pins or bushings like on sliding caliper disks

Screenshot_20240130-204150.png

Screenshot_20240130-204057.png

Are you working with single piston calipers? or the four piston calipers?
You have me confused with "retaining springs" pins, bushings, so i figure you have single piston calipers.
Post a picture, what you have.

4 piston calipers ? Do they not have said parts I ordered the 4 piston calipers threw summit and they said I may need these parts ? Lol

This is the entire KH 4 piston disk setup.
The magenta dots on the caliper bolt solid to the magenta dots on the spindle

Screenshot_20240130-205357.png

That's a disc brake set up of mine that i rebuilt, and then sold, here on this forum.
Glad that you here, helping this guy out.

Cardone184407 same one as rock auto
Ok so we are talking the same calipers

The KH 4 piston calipers mount to the spindle solid.

The 4 pistons make the clamping force.
2 from the front and 2 on the back.

The caliper does not move.

That's a disc brake set up of mine that i rebuilt, and then sold, here on this forum
That was a good looking set.

Some time in the future I'll be going the same swap on my #2 67 Dart Convert

-
Back