Kelsey Hayes

-

dickey_440

Reaction score
I have been working on the brakes on my 72 duster (car has been sitting for years.) Put a new master cylinder on the car (15/16 from dr diff) now I'm working on pads/rotors and replacing lines. I discovered I had some pistons stuck in the bores and a couple of the pistons had some wear. I am interested in getting rebuilt units from rock auto with new rotors and flex lines and wanted to see if anyone had gone this route. Thanks for any input.

IMG_1929.JPG

I did - ordered from Rock Auto - paid for the calipers plus the core charge. Got my rebuilt along with a return lable for the cores. Sent them back in the same box. That policy I think has changed though and I would contact them to see what the exact policy is

I got my Kelsey Hayes calipers from Rock Auto last year. Core exchange was alittle tricky to figure and navigate just keep your order numbers and print out core return info. Dustin

I have found RockAuto to be an excellent resource - they ship FAST and their prices are pretty good. I tend to stay away from the cheaper options they offer no matter what the part is - but then I do that anywhere I am buying car parts... the cheap stuff is exactly that. I have never purchased a part from them that had a core return so I cannot comment on that but I will say, they are one of the first places I look when I need something.. if they have what you want and the price is right - why not? Just out of curiosity, no stores locally can help you?

I rebuilt my own KH calipers - you can look in my restore thread to see the process. But...after all said and done and looking at my actual out of pocket costs for everything, I would tell you to buy hemi71X's pair, those are a good deal. I believe he goes through them more thoroughly than the rebuilt jobs from Rock Auto.

Common issue and Stainless Steel Brake Co got their start from rebuilding K-H w/ SS pistons for Mustangs and Mopars. K-H brakes are cool and rebuild parts are still available reasonably, though not the "hard parts" like spindles & dust shields for those of us without who would like to upgrade from drums.

-
Back