kevco oil pan rear seal fit trouble

-

360moparjunkie

Reaction score
Rear rubber seal to oil pan doesn't fit well. Can I SUCCESSFULLY use ultra grey gasket maker in place of the rubber oil seal piece?

Measuring the kevko pan proves to be:
1. 1/8" shorter from flat area to deepest point.
2. 1/8" shorter in opening width of rear seal opening.
3. 5/16" shorter in the circumferential section of rear pan.

Im not "canning the pan" as everthing else seems impressive.

The fit when trying to use the rubber rear seal will obviously bend my new pan.

Measurements taken were comparison of factory to the kevko pan.

What's up fabo will the silicone work?

Thanks for the ongoing assistance. Looking forward to DRIVING the car.

Attachments

• 1420344620744.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 1420345100161.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 265
  • 1420345302111.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 253
I've never used a Kevco pan before, after my time :). But those pics look "butt" ugly to me? I know many have used them with success. Hopefully some members here can steer you in the right direction?

.................what engine........273-318-340 la use the same pan, 360 la different on rear...............318 and 360 mag use same pan.....u sure u got the right pan for the application.....kim.......

.................what engine........273-318-340 la use the same pan, 360 la different on rear...............318 and 360 mag use same pan.....u sure u got the right pan for the application.....kim.......

Wow. Good call on the question. Not sure I even have the box or literature anymore. I do keep all receipts though. I will look it up and look for a part number. I am sure I ordered a 360 pan as that is what I have.

Getting back to original question....can I SUCCESSFULLY use ultra grey gasket maker on the rear oil pan seal? All else appears good. Bolt holes line up. Front of pan appears correct.

What I haven't done is sac up and run a couple of bolts slowly and carefully to see if it draws down to seal up properly.

Many thanks.

You can make a small layer to ASSIST the standard gasket. If what it looks like in the picture, you're going to try and build a DAM out of the silcone! There is no way in hell I'd do that. Try and find out what pan you have first. Is it like that on both sides?

Maybe it's just my peepers, but is it bent right there?

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 182
The first two pictures look to me like it will work just snug it up the rubber will compress a lot more than you think

Mopar gray seals mine.... gap was no where close to running the stock style seal, but I knew that going in with mine.

The first two pictures look to me like it will work just snug it up the rubber will compress a lot more than you think

You got it 1qwikScamp. Pic shows 4 rear bolts in and it drew down as you said. I will take apart and use the sealant as aid in needed areas. I am surprised as I did not want to wreck this new part.

I need to add some more "git er done" to my tool box to push this project through.

As usual I appreciate all input.

Attachments

• 1420351921841.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 169
-
Back