Kevlar Clutch

-

340demon

old man
Reaction score
has any one used a kevlar clutch disc on the street my combo is a 340 in a demom with 3:23 but have 4:10 and 4:89 in a 8 3/4 rear know the 4:88 are to low for the street right now the car has a 3200 lbs hays with fiberglass ining on the disc an it is very grabby for street use am putting a new eng in also a 340 with eddy heads air gap manifold with 800 eddy crab cam is the big mother thumpur by comp with k/b pistons 10.5 comp thinking of a lighter pressure b&b clutch with the kevlar lininng will be mostly street with some runs on both 1/4 and 1/8 tracks

hi, few years ago, the EPA banned asbestoes use in clutches. mcloed tried kevlar to replace it. I tried one of those. they didn't last very long. I was told, they ended up having disc made in mexcio with asbestoes. those seem to work better. you might try a mcloed B&B/long pressure plate. the pressure is lighter, and you can put C/W on fingers. I used those for years, they work very well!! 3200 # is way too much pressure in a clutch. I had 2400 # to start with.

I'm using a zoom kevlar clutch with a 68 lb steel flywheel on the street. it's welll behaved, engages easily and I like it.

I have a pro street 71 duster with a blown 340 and 5:13 Dana Rear.

-
Back