Keyless entry power door locks review.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
In talking to people about keyless door entry systems I tell people that when my Wife and I would go out in crappy weather I would go to the drivers door and my Wife to the passengers door.
We would both be out in the weather while I unlocked my door with the key, got in the car and the little Woman would still be out in the weather until I started the car, found a good radio station, and then unlocked her door for her. JK:D

Seriously though, I thought it might be worth looking into a keyless remote door lock setup and I ended up with this. DNA DL-T4-2B-BK Black Door Power Lock Conversion Kit w/ Remote | eBay

I didn't expect much for around 20 bucks, but figured for that much I could give it a try and see how it worked out.
Now two years or more later this thing has worked flawless, and it is SOOO nice to just touch the button and lock or unlock both doors.

I bought one of these for my 70 300 a couple years ago. Directed Avital 1 Way Security System | eBay

I then used Spal door locks for the doors and used a power trunk release from an early eighties Mopar. The door locks bolted right up to the existing holes in the door frame. I've wired a time delay relay into the system so the interior lights up when you hit the remote. Parking lights flash when you lock/unlock too.

It has worked flawlessly since the installation.

:D I found it over on Amazon and pretty good reviews and pictures. Did you wire in your flashers or horn?

Nope, I didn't want any of that but only to lock or unlock without all the hoopla.
Personally I find all these random horn beeps everywhere I go annoying.

I find them annoying too. Especially when walking in front of the car that beeps. I think some do it on purpose.

I think they do too.
And people that use the excuse that it helps them find their car pisses me off.
You mean everyone within ear shot has to hear another horn because you can't find your car?
Tard.:lol:

I think they do too.
And people that use the excuse that it helps them find their car pisses me off.
You mean everyone within ear shot has to hear another horn because you can't find your car?
Tard.:lol:

Haha. For me it is a confirmation that I got the doors locked and wasn't too far away.

I yanked the system from a 2001 Lincoln town car and installed in my dart. I later found out I cant program the key fob to work with the system because of the way it was wired into the car originally. Im not sure if it went through the ecu but cycling the power wont program it like its supposed to.
That kit you posted might be the answer to my problem. I can use that for the key fob part and retain my door key pad.

I've got some cheapish car alarm in my Dart with similar actuators.
But the keyless entry is something I couldn't live without any more. Mostly indeed when it pours the last thing you want to is fumble around with keys and a lock.

Wasn't the right side of a car always called the female side? :D

The door lock motors work well,even spal stuff. Up here in the cold weather, the door locks rarely become an issue.
I plan on the same thing with the barracuda,lock,unlock trunk dome light control and even the remote start. May as well, i have all the parts in my parts cabinet. Remote start can be arranged so its an anti-theft if i decide to go that far.

In talking to people about keyless door entry systems I tell people that when my Wife and I would go out in crappy weather I would go to the drivers door and my Wife to the passengers door.
We would both be out in the weather while I unlocked my door with the key, got in the car and the little Woman would still be out in the weather until I started the car, found a good radio station, and then unlocked her door for her. JK:D

Seriously though, I thought it might be worth looking into a keyless remote door lock setup and I ended up with this. DNA DL-T4-2B-BK Black Door Power Lock Conversion Kit w/ Remote | eBay

I didn't expect much for around 20 bucks, but figured for that much I could give it a try and see how it worked out.
Now two years or more later this thing has worked flawless, and it is SOOO nice to just touch the button and lock or unlock both doors.
I know this is an extremely ancient thread, but I was curious how the system you installed has worked/held up over the last couple years and if you'd had any issues with it.

You're supposed to unlock the pass side door first (if the passenger is your significant other).

In trade, she's supposed to immediately (and instinctively) reach over and unlock the driver's door.

That's the way to tell if a girl is worth pursuing.

(of course if you're already married, the results could possibly be disturbing)

I know this is an extremely ancient thread, but I was curious how the system you installed has worked/held up over the last couple years and if you'd had any issues with it.

It has held up very well with the only issue is I have had to lube the mechanisms in the doors twice over the years to keep the locks working well.
Well worth the end result.
I'm actually a little surprised that it all still works considering how cheap the kit was.:D

I was also wondering how you routed the wires from the door into the cabin? I didn't see any access from the kick panel to the doors.

@TrailBeast

I drilled the door and the body and used a flexable tubing to run the wires through.
There really isn't any other way to route them.

It has held up very well with the only issue is I have had to lube the mechanisms in the doors twice over the years to keep the locks working well.
Well worth the end result.
I'm actually a little surprised that it all still works.:D

I drilled the door and the body and used a flexable tubing to run the wires through.
There really isn't any other way to route them.
any trouble installing?

any trouble installing?

The only issue was that there is a hump about 1 inch wide or so in the door panel that kept me from being able to mount the actuator where I wanted it.
The hump is a section of panel stiffener, and it wouldn't let me mount the actuator flat enough to be out of the way of the regulator mechanism arms.
I moto tooled about 1 inch of that hump out and it was a breeze after that.

Here is mine. Cost was $0. It opens the trunk, locks and unlocks both doors or just one.

20181114_212124.jpg

-
Back