kick down linkage

-

ecoronado3

Reaction score
So the kick down has never been hooked up on my dart and I have no properway of doing so as of now due to the upgrades on intake and headers. How important is it and what functions (other than dropping to first when you give it all the gas) does it serve?

So the kick down has never been hooked up on my dart and I have no properway of doing so as of now due to the upgrades on intake and headers. How important is it and what functions (other than dropping to first when you give it all the gas) does it serve?

The kickdown linkage provides the input to your transmission, as to throttle position, thus controlling internal fluid pressure in your transmission.

Without a kickdown, your tranny will be toast in a short period of time.

Either install an aftermarket kickdown system, or adapt factory kickdown linkage, to properly set the transmission shift points as controlled by internal fluid pressure.

So when properly set is the kickdown all the way towards the back of the car and comes forward as you give it gas, or all the way forward and goes back as you give it gas?

it will push a lever that has a spring action. pushing against it will increase throttle pressure.

Lokar kickdown cable. No kickdown = no more auto tranny!

100_0285.jpg

No, thats not the fuel line Im going to use.

Here is the same cable on the Eddy carb I was going to use.
DSC04177.jpg

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04169.jpg

Well thanks everyone, I guess I will fabricate something tommorrow. Ill post pics for you guy's if it works!!!

-
Back