Kick down linkage

-

Dart Shawn

I wanna go fast!!!
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my Kick down linkage correct on my new carb.
I have the Holley 1850-3 4BBL square bore carb it sits on top of a dual plane spread bore Weiand Stealth 8007 intake with a 1" square bore to spread bore adapter plate.

Pay no mind to my throttle cable its taken care of its not part of the problem.

I Can not afford to buy any thing more for my car, I have hit my end and have no more money right now this is literal, I even spent my change jar. I tampered with fabrication and came up with a few idea's yet was told they wouldnt work how ever I will show the 2 video's of idea's so maybe someone can tell me if I can go with the same concept in another fashion to make this work.

first idea:

second idea:

Can any of you lend a hand? maybe pick out certain details of my idea's and change a few things to make something work? if I could afford it I would just buy the 20-7 adapter plate direct from Holley but I cant!!

ANY help at all is very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Shawn.

I am having trouble getting my Kick down linkage correct on my new carb.
I have the Holley 1850-3 4BBL square bore carb it sits on top of a dual plane spread bore Weiand Stealth 8007 intake with a 1" square bore to spread bore adapter plate.

Pay no mind to my throttle cable its taken care of its not part of the problem.

I Can not afford to buy any thing more for my car, I have hit my end and have no more money right now this is literal, I even spent my change jar. I tampered with fabrication and came up with a few idea's yet was told they wouldnt work how ever I will show the 2 video's of idea's so maybe someone can tell me if I can go with the same concept in another fashion to make this work.

first idea:

second idea:

Can any of you lend a hand? maybe pick out certain details of my idea's and change a few things to make something work? if I could afford it I would just buy the 20-7 adapter plate direct from Holley but I cant!!

ANY help at all is very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Shawn.

Shawn:

You have a spring missing on the KD. Look at the pics and note that the spring may need to be lengthend with automotive wire, so that the wire passes thru the hole in the KD, with washer installed. Any automotive spring will work. You don't want a real stiff spring. Just strong enough to bring the linkage back.

Your second video shows the proper location for the threaded adjuster on the KD. To adjust it:

Disconnect the KD behind the bell crank, at the vertical rod from the trans. Looks like a small ball and socket.
Use a drill bit that will line up all 3 holes on the bell crank.
Adjust the threaded end on the carb pin so the back of the slot just slides on to the pin.
The vertical rod from the trans to the bell crank can be threaded up or down, until you can pop the ball back into the socket.
Put you new spring on as shown.

Don't drive the car without a properly set up KD. You'll ruin the tranny.

Jim

DSCN1527.jpg

DSCN1528.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

-
Back