kick down linkage

-

dr.demon

dr.demon
Reaction score
Good afternoon gentleman, and ladies.
Rebuilt motor and tranny in my Demon cannot seem to get the kickdown to work. Can someone tell me how to set my kickdown properly. Thanks

Tony

Come on its been nearly 24 hrs and no one has responded. I know someone has the answer.:clock:

Perhaps provide more information. What is year, engine and transmission in your application. Have you modified the linkage with a carb change? What is the problem? No kickdown, too early, or too late? Have you set the kickdown band adjustment to specification? Is the linkage adjusted per service manual?

1972 Dodge Demon 340 with 727 tranny. no modifications done. No kickdown at all. Not sure what the kickdown band is. Please explain, and thank you for responding

Tony

Find a service manual. Check for the correct assembly and adjustments of the linkage and throttle operation. It is best to have the pictures and service procedures.

switched from 2 brl to 4 brl. ? If nothing was changed, everything still OEM, all you need is a service manual.

Get a manual; put the drill bit through it, then adjust. then give it 2 more turns, and put Ford fluid in it.

-
Back