Kick down problem

-

Del

Papa66Bcuda
Reaction score
i have a 66 Barracuda with a 904 was wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust a Lokar kick down cable. It's shifting but when you step down on it won't downshift. Or is it better to use like a manual valve body to eliminate cables .

Last edited:
Pin throttle wide open pull cable at carb as far as it will go then lock it down
I did that already and it shifts fine but when you pin the pedal to the floor it doesn't downshift and feels really hard to push down

If I'm not mistaken the early 904's don't have a 3-2 kickdown. They only go from 3-1 once you come to a near stop.

If I'm not mistaken the early 904's don't have a 3-2 kickdown. They only go from 3-1 once you come to a near stop.
I didn't know that it makes sense why I can't get it to kick down . I don't have much knowledge on transmissions. Really appreciate you giving me that information. Thanks

I didn't know that it makes sense why I can't get it to kick down . I don't have much knowledge on transmissions. Really appreciate you giving me that information. Thanks

I'm no expert, maybe someone else will chime in. I heard it from someone a while ago when I was adjusting the bands and throttle pressure valve. He sent me the attachment and advised me to use STEP 27. Pressure Regulator Adjustment to ensure the pressure valve was adjusted correctly. Mine needed adjustment.

Attachments

• Trans Kickdown Adjustment.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 237
Thanks for everyone's information on this I think this is a great site for help.

I think I have the whole kick down linkage from my 273 /904 was in a 65 barracuda with a 2 barrel commando car , I have the whole drivetrain here yet for the purest , but I might sell the kickdown linkage . pm me or go to my profile for my tell.# HAGR812 winstoninwisc

I think I have the whole kick down linkage from my 273 /904 was in a 65 barracuda with a 2 barrel commando car , I have the whole drivetrain here yet for the purest , but I might sell the kickdown linkage . pm me or go to my profile for my tell.# HAGR812 winstoninwisc
Thanks I have the original setup but went with Lokar for a better look . Thanks anyway

Kewl , with all the knowlage in here I know it will be right . GL and HAGR812 winstoninwisc

-
Back