kick down Question.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
This kick down was on my 318 2bb,B body Satellite different than the 1 I am used too.So will it work with a 4bb set up,or is there a way to mod it so it will work,trying to save on this build.Cheers.

006.JPG

Do a search TONS of info on converting linkages/kickdown. 2bl can be modified

Edit.... I think Trailbeast modified his 2bl. Also 6pk2goDemon.

Last edited:
Well thats better,Steve,I was starting to think whats this site for,if you have to go some wear else to get answers.

Sometimes answers come from within or require searching. If not here try google?
You keeping the Satellite of flipping it?

Sometimes answers come from within or require searching. If not here try google?
I am keeping this one for sure,I got in **** from Cindy she said come on i would like a car for more than 1 year.This 1 is the best metal wise we have ever had.

That's a pretty wild kickdown linkage; I've never seen one with so many bolts and an upper rad hose thermostat housing. Plus all the screws in the plastic bag. I'd be a little stunned with that setup too!

You weren't getting lazy and just asking us to do the searching for you, were you?

Do a search TONS of info on converting linkages/kickdown. 2bl can be modified

Edit.... I think Trailbeast modified his 2bl. Also 6pk2goDemon.

My conversion was a 4-speed so no kickdown linkage was needed.

Good answer & question too! :)

Ive found in general, you need to lengthen the throttle cable, and kickdown linkage when going from 2 barrel to 4 barrel. Or if you want, get a kit for both from Lokar, and set it up how you like.

I've never had a 2bbl linkage not work.... of course, a little creativity goes a long ways. Simple suggestions such as this (pause it at 25 seconds) ...

There is a 4 barrel end piece, slotted arm, that should all you need for that style.
After taking a closer look,your right there is a slot for adjustment.When it comes time to slide the motor/ tranny in, I plan on playing with it.Good eye sir.

-
Back