kick panel speakers

-
Does anyone know if The Direct Source is still in business? I searched the FABO archives and found a thread with the link to their website but cannot access the site directly or through the link. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Ray,
I bought a set of the kick panel speakers last year. It took me almost 3 months to get them but I was happy with them. Then I decided to buy a set of the underseat speakers also since I have a ragtop. I ordered them last August. After waiting a month or so I called them, the speakers were out of stock, supposed to get some anytime. So it rocked on for a few more months with various excuses, then they wouldn't answer the phone. Well, a week or so ago I received a notice in the mail that they had filed for bankruptcy. So I guess I'm out $129 since they charged my credit card when they took my order.
So, to answer your question, yes, they are out of business.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
BTW, I found this place that's selling them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...y.com:80/?from=R40&satitle=180086358821&fvi=1

When I got my new paddock catalog they had kickpanels that come with speakers inside, two different options, pioneer speakers or no name.

part no's KMOP676P - pioneer 199.95
KMOP676 - standard 154.95

What would be so difficult about spray dying an extra set and cutting them yourself? Sure would be ALOT cheaper! Cool idea though.

TopBanana said:
What would be so difficult about spray dying an extra set and cutting them yourself? Sure would be ALOT cheaper! Cool idea though.
There isn't room to do that with the stock kick panel without cutting away the metal behind it to make room for the speaker magnet. These are redesigned to give you room for the speaker. The area where the speaker goes is raised. The back of the speaker is basically flush with the metal part of the car. Sorry I don't have a side view pic.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Dallas:

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance; thanks for the info however. Your response to TopBanana was EXACTLY why I was looking for them in the first place.

Thanks for everyone else's input as well.

Ray

Glad my input helped. Just curious, has anyone contacted one of the other suppliers mentioned above to see if they had them in stock? It sounds like the ebay seller did.
A little more detail on my situation. When I got my kick panel speakers I ordered directly from TheDirectSource. Later, I saw the underseat speakers advertised by CustomAutosound. When I called them I was informed they were resellers for The DirectSource. What they did was give you the # to DirectSource, you called them and placed your order, then DirectSource got your payment info and you were billed by CustomAutosound. When I did this, DirectSource found out I had ordered from them before so they charged my card, rather than going back through CustomAutosound. It really sounds goofed up now looking back but I didn't think too much of it at the time since I had gotten my kick panel speakers, although it had taken awhile.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

-
Back