Kick Panels

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
An ebay seller has this auction currently running:

Ebay # 180086358821

The sellers' ad copy says they're supposed to be for "your 64-67 Baracuda complete with speakers and wires"

The seller is a distributor for Custom Autosound products.

I sent a question to the seller, as follows:

" I am confused. Your auction says the kickpanels are for 'Baracuda 1964 - 1967'. The Custom Autosound website only shows one MOPAR kickpanel - listed for '67 - 76 A body (Barracuda, Dart, Demon Duster Scamp, Swinger, Valiant. Both your auction and the Custom Autosound site use the exact same picture. I am not at all sure that the kickpanels were the same in all th A body cars listed in both ads. Please explain. Thank you."

Now here's a question for the group members. WERE the kick panels for all the models listed in both ads the same? I'm thinking NOT! (But, as always, I might be wrong!)

BC

Mine in my 1966 Valiant are made of cardboard. I have moulded plastic ones in my 1970 Dart, I think 67-76 were the same.

Cardboard also in my 64ragtop, but I haven't looked at the later ones. the panels advertised in that ebay auction, and shown in the Custom Autosound website look to be very much the same shape. If they were larger, I wouldn't mind cutting them down, using my originals as a pattern. If, however, the shape of what Custom Autosound is selling was _very_ different from the pre '67 originals, that might not be possible. The only way to find out might be to order them and compare. I wonder what the return policy is.

I really like the idea of speakers mounted inside the kick panels, but haven't found any that are definitely stated to work in pre '67 A body cars.

Has anyone here compared the size and shape of the pre and post '67 kickpanels? If so, does it appear that post '67 kickpanels could be modified to fit pre '67 cars?

BC

I wrote to the outfit auctioning the kicks on egag and got this response:

"hello Im sorry for the mistake we only have the 67 - 76 but there working on the others so check back Thanks"

The typos and punctuation are theirs.

I'm still wondering if anyone has directly compared lickpanels from pre and post '67 A bodies....

Maybe I'll make a run to the local mopar JY and take my originals from the 64ragtop. Shouldn't be too tough to talk 'em into letting me do the comparison, 'specially if I buy something!!!

BC

-
Back