kickdown linkage

-

THE STEVE

"part-time wheelman"
Reaction score
i have a 727 tf in my 72 duster. the kickdown isnt adjusted quite right. whats the correct adjustment? right now its set to kickdown when the pedal is pressed as far as it can go against the floor. thanks.

The throttle lever on the transmission should be all the way back to it's stop at WOT for best durability. Open the throttle on the carb by hand, and see if you can push the kickdown linkage to the rear farther. If you can, make the top section of the linkage longer. If the linkage bottoms out preventing WOT, shorten the top section.

..................Where it is now is where u want it........thats how it supposed 2 work.....................kim...........

thanks for the info.

i realize it needs to be set at WOT. but right now it doesnt always kickdown at WOT. sometimes it will, sometimes it wont. when the pedal is to the floor you have push with all your might to get it to kickdown.

sorry for the retarded questions. just want to make sure its right.

There is a proper set up proceedure in a factory service manual. The problem with shade tree setting is you may not get the same WOT with the throttle pedal that you can get with your hand. Aftermarket carb , wrong throttle cable, 99 different reasons for this.

i think the rate at which the linkage moves is a big part once the car has been modified

thanks for the info.

i realize it needs to be set at WOT. but right now it doesnt always kickdown at WOT. sometimes it will, sometimes it wont. when the pedal is to the floor you have push with all your might to get it to kickdown.

sorry for the retarded questions. just want to make sure its right.

hows the throttle cable adjustment?

the throttle canle seems to be working fine.

if i remember right, when i did the engine swap i used the /6 cable with the v8.

should i get one for the v8?

the throttle canle seems to be working fine.

if i remember right, when i did the engine swap i used the /6 cable with the v8.

should i get one for the v8?

Doesn't matter, just a longer cable for the 6 if I remember right.
original trans?

what speed are you having this issue of stuborn kick down?

yea, i didnt think the throttle cable would have anything to do with it.

the trans isnt original. it was a /6 car and i swapped in a 360 and 727. the trans is out of a 73 challenger.

when im cruising in third and i hammer it, it doesnt want to kickdown. i rebuilt the trans a few months ago and only has a few miles on it. otherwise it shifts fine. just doesnt ever want to kickdown

when i open the throttle by hand, i can still push the throttle pressure linkage down about 5/16.

yea, i didnt think the throttle cable would have anything to do with it.

the trans isnt original. it was a /6 car and i swapped in a 360 and 727. the trans is out of a 73 challenger.

when im cruising in third and i hammer it, it doesnt want to kickdown. i rebuilt the trans a few months ago and only has a few miles on it. otherwise it shifts fine. just doesnt ever want to kickdown

when i open the throttle by hand, i can still push the throttle pressure linkage down about 5/16.

what kick down lever?

as long as the valve body is a '71& up , it should have the part throttle kick down.

cruisin how fast?

-
Back