-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsquare

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
WTB- Looking for the correct factory Kickdown rod setup for a 4bbl 340 engine with a 727 transmission.

I must have the correct setup without making any modifications to the setup. I purchased a setup from this site months ago and wasted my money because I was sold a setup that did not meet the above specifications.

Please let me know what you have along with pictures and cost.

Thanks.

I have what you need but they are not cheap. Unless you want what you already bought. There are some on the net that will tell you that you can put a round plug in a square hole. Just to take your money. I only have one complete set left. I sold all other complete sets. I too have other miss match parts you can make work if you understand the geometry. I didn't want to sell this last complete set. Make me an offer I can't refuse or keep buying junk. the orange set is the set you need. Even the clips are different on the 340 set ups. Like I said one left and now that its posted there will be others that will try and buy it out from under you. So you snooze you lose is how the saying goes. Here is your shot make it count. Off of a 1971 340 same for all year 340's. Steve

Attachments

• DSCF2912.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF2916.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF2913.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 180
View attachment 1714654421this is actually from a late 70S 318 4BBL,the only dif. is the adj.is down at the trans.instead of at the carb.
Also has a different trans lever and and the bottom rod you have will not work with the correct lever. That set up you pictured is for a F-body with a 318 4bbl 904 trans. Totally different then a 340 727. I have them also. Fairly common from police cars from 76 to 80.

Not for a-body That I ever had. All a-bodies that I had were adjustable at carb. and they have a short lever on the trans with a larger hole and they take a different clip as pictured above.

Attachments

• DSCF2913.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCF2878[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 163
Hi,
If jcsquare doesn't bite I'd like a shot. I've got 69 340 4bbl car that could use it.
Thanks
AlV

I have what you need but they are not cheap. Unless you want what you already bought. There are some on the net that will tell you that you can put a round plug in a square hole. Just to take your money. I only have one complete set left. I sold all other complete sets. I too have other miss match parts you can make work if you understand the geometry. I didn't want to sell this last complete set. Make me an offer I can't refuse or keep buying junk. the orange set is the set you need. Even the clips are different on the 340 set ups. Like I said one left and now that its posted there will be others that will try and buy it out from under you. So you snooze you lose is how the saying goes. Here is your shot make it count. Off of a 1971 340 same for all year 340's. Steve

What is a fair price for a set like yours? I have a set off of a 70 340 automatic and might sell one day.

What year are you looking for? The carb rods are different from 68-69 to 70-73 and then changed again in 74/360 as well at the other linkage changed then also

WTB- Looking for the correct factory Kickdown rod setup for a 4bbl 340 engine with a 727 transmission.

I must have the correct setup without making any modifications to the setup. I purchased a setup from this site months ago and wasted my money because I was sold a setup that did not meet the above specifications.

Please let me know what you have along with pictures and cost.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back