Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I'd like to find a couple of the kickdown rods nearest the carb in the pictures below. They seem to solve some geometry issues when converting a 2bbl to a 4bbl. Going from the carb back, there is a kick toward the center of the car and a kick up and down. without the slotted piece screwed on (I don't need that piece) it is about 10 inches long. Please PM if you have one or two to spare.

DSC00519.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

DSC00518.JPG

I have a bucket full of 318 and misc. rods and brackets. I have a couple 340 TQ setups and use them for patterns. A little rod bending and rod extension and welding, I can have a pretty nice setups, having to adjust the modifications with taller intakes. I won't ever use one of those cable setups!

Question was to Oldmanmopar about the 76+ rod that has no adjustment at the carb.

The first year of the solid rod at the carburetor was 1974. The following information is from the 74 thru 76 factory service manuals.

Perform transmission throttle rod adjustment while engine is at normal operating temperature otherwise make sure carburetor is not on fast idle cam by disconnecting choke.

Raise vehicle on hoist to make adjustment at transmission throttle lever.

Loosen adjustment swivel lock screw.

To insure proper adjustment, swivel must be free to slide along flat end of transmission throttle rod so that preload spring action is not restricted. Disassemble and clean or repair parts to assure free action, if necessary.

Hold transmission lever firmly forward against its internal stop and tighten swivel lock screw to 125 inch pounds.

The adjustment is finished and linkage backlash was automatically removed by the preload spring.

The first year of the solid rod at the carburetor was 1974. The following information is from the 74 thru 76 factory service manuals.

Perform transmission throttle rod adjustment while engine is at normal operating temperature otherwise make sure carburetor is not on fast idle cam by disconnecting choke.

Raise vehicle on hoist to make adjustment at transmission throttle lever.

Loosen adjustment swivel lock screw.

To insure proper adjustment, swivel must be free to slide along flat end of transmission throttle rod so that preload spring action is not restricted. Disassemble and clean or repair parts to assure free action, if necessary.

Hold transmission lever firmly forward against its internal stop and tighten swivel lock screw to 125 inch pounds.

The adjustment is finished and linkage backlash was automatically removed by the preload spring.
That’s true if u have all the 74 up linkage. It if u have the threaded intermediate rod u can adjust it there. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back