Kickdown setups

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a 67 dart gt with a 340 to run right, it wont kickdown properly. I have alot of different styles to swap on but I'm not sure which one is going to work the best, Does anyone have pictures of a kickdown setup with a 340 and an edlebrock carb?

I was driving it today to test it out, and when I manually shift to 2nd, it doesnt feel like it kicks down, then when you punch it, it heasitates then kicks down and gets moving which means there is also a screw up in the trans linkage, is this part of the problem or just another matter that needs to be adjusted??

Here is what the car as on it right now:
DSCF0178-1.jpg

DSCF0179-1.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

My dad has a trailduster with a 340 and eddy carb on it, this is how its setup:
DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0183-1.jpg

This setup works fine.

Here are some other brackets I have:
DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0173-1.jpg

another:
DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0175-1.jpg

My dad thinks these are the old style, where there was a single rod going to the trans, correct??:
DSCF0176-1.jpg

DSCF0177-1.jpg

And another question, this carb was given to me by the owner, says it was what was on the engine, is it worth anything, from searching on google its a 71 year model, and a one year only part, good for restorers, thoughts?? its a carter thermoquad 6-2146

DSCF0184-1.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack

first i would change your bracket to the one in your first pic of other brackets , and use the long adjustable lever that you have on it now. go from there , you really need a different adjustable lever , the one you have now is for a 2 barrel carb. you could possibly bend the one you have. here is a pic of one off a 340 with thermoquad.

kick.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I don't think we are going the cable route for now. Found out last night the car has no 2nd gear :angry7: Owner never noticed it revved slightly high in 1st then jumped to 3rd but surprisingly it doesn't bog and still moves pretty good. I remember reading they say to have the kick down always hooked up and properly well He has been driving it setup wrong for quite some time so who knows if 2nd is out cause of this or what.

-
Back