Kijiji Find "NOT MINE" Dodge Demon Gss 340 4spd Tri Power Numbers Matching

-

The-Tom

Reaction score
Here is the link for anyone who wants to take a look.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ing/564786590?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Description:

incredible car; one of eight know remaining and the most documented Mr. Norm's 340 Demon GSS in existence. All original paperwork from the Customer Order Form to the window sticker to the Bill-of-Sale, to the loan forms are included with the car. Exactly as delivered from Grand Spaulding Dodge including the factory tripower 300 horsepower 340 HiPo engine, 4-speed manual transmission, and 3.90 posi rearend. Runs extremely well; no issues and feels like a 440. Gorgeous interior; 100% correct, and with the factory Rallye gauges including the rare factory Performance Indicator (vacuum gauge). Closely examine the photos; expand them to full-screen size. This is the perfect car for serious Mopar collectors; one of only five 4-speed GSSs made with only two still in existence and one of only eight total (including automatics, 4-speed, & 3-speed manuals) known to be remaining. Spectacular.

The big question price:-----$75,000.00 Canadian

Attachments

• demon gss.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 731
"Exactly as delivered from Grand Spaulding " ?????????????????

For $75k I would want it 100% correct! They never came with painted undercarriage and it's missing the rad support black out behind the grills.

Why would you have the air cleaner on backwards for pics?

Other wise very cool car!!!

fuel lines are'nt supposed to come out on tha driver side are they?

nice car tho...i would much rather spend 75 gs on an e or bee with a hemi.

I guess mr norm installed those flowmaster mufflers as well. "factory tri power" seller must be a moron, that's chevy carbs, installed at mr norms, not factory...

Looks like the same car I saw at Barrett Jackson last month. It was a really clean car, but not 75k clean. The air cleaner lid is correct, sitting backwards.

Looks like the same car I saw at Barrett Jackson last month. It was a really clean car, but not 75k clean. The air cleaner lid is correct, sitting backwards.

Also a chevy part, I think..... maybe for a corvette? I think I read where they used the chevy carbs and air cleaner because they were cheaper...Kinda gay if you ask me.

Yea not sure where the parts came from that Mr Norm used back then. My dad had a 72 Gss Demon back in the early 90's with the same setup.

This is a real GSS and one of the most highly documented, since it had paperwork not only from Grand Spaulding but also from the original owner that he had kept. I spoke with the original owners son a couple of years ago when I tried to make a deal with him.
The car is obviously not 100% correct as a 71 340 Demon should be but it's also not quite correct as a 71 GSS either. There are a few items that are missing from original. I am also not sure where he comes up with his one of 8, ever, one of the 2(?) four speeds... one highly touted 4 speed GSS isn't even real. No one knows the total production on these but since there are 8 or so that I can account for now, I'm sure there were a few more.
This car has gone up in price $30k since I was dealing on it. Yes, it's the same one that was at BJ. I'm pretty sure the guy selling it bought it since it only bid to $38k.
These are extremely rare cars but the knowledge out there on them is slim. If anyone has any questions please contact me.

I don't know why the carbs on the car would be "gay". GSD used Gm carbs because they were more readily available and yes, a bit cheaper too. This car is not unlike any other dealer super car where aftermarket parts were used. Everyone usually assumes that these cars used the factory Mopar six pack set up and fuel lines. This particular car, assuming that these carbs are part #'ed for a '67 Corvette 427 Tri-Power and have production dates of early to mid 71 would be correct. The car is missing the correct carb linkage and fuel rail for starters. Both hard to find pieces that were usually discarded and lost way before anyone ever thought to attempt to restore on e of these cars. In fact, I have NEVER seen another 71 GSS that is correct, besides my own, in this area. The Cal Custom valve covers came on most from what I have seen and heard from talking with original owners of these cars. The Segal Tri-Power air cleaner is correct as well and was also designed for a Corvette, hence the backwards reading wording due to a Corvette hood opening forwards. These air cleaners fit under the hood without modifications like the factory piece did. There are a few other small items that I'm sure are not on the car and were lost to time years ago.
This car is still one of the better examples of a GSS that I have seen due to the documentation and the quality of the car.

prolly put the air cleaner on that way so the driver can read it.

Its gay because ol norm cheaped out on the chevy carbs to save money. While he was a high profile dealership in the day, he was just that, a dealership, and trying to sell as many cars as possible as cheep as possible. Nothing wrong with that really, but it woulda been cooler to use factory designed parts...

why do you say they are chevy carbs. Mopars carbs also had fuel rails on the driver side.

these are mopar carbs

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 407
why do you say they are chevy carbs. Mopars carbs also had fuel rails on the driver side.

these are mopar carbs

The aftermarket replacement carbs are like chevy carbs. The oem mopar TA/AAR carbs are different. Mr norm stated he used chevy carbs.

I am glad i started this thread lots of cool information coming into play. somebody said they saw this car at Barrett-Jackson what did it sell for?

big bucks!!!

Here is the link for anyone who wants to take a look.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ing/564786590?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Description:

incredible car; one of eight know remaining and the most documented Mr. Norm's 340 Demon GSS in existence. All original paperwork from the Customer Order Form to the window sticker to the Bill-of-Sale, to the loan forms are included with the car. Exactly as delivered from Grand Spaulding Dodge including the factory tripower 300 horsepower 340 HiPo engine, 4-speed manual transmission, and 3.90 posi rearend. Runs extremely well; no issues and feels like a 440. Gorgeous interior; 100% correct, and with the factory Rallye gauges including the rare factory Performance Indicator (vacuum gauge). Closely examine the photos; expand them to full-screen size. This is the perfect car for serious Mopar collectors; one of only five 4-speed GSSs made with only two still in existence and one of only eight total (including automatics, 4-speed, & 3-speed manuals) known to be remaining. Spectacular.

The big question price:-----$75,000.00 Canadian

-
Back