kill stories

-
I HAD JUST FINISHED THE VALIANT(360 CRATE 390 HP 425 TQ. BUILT 727 3.55'S ) AND GOT ALL THE KINKS WORKED OUT. HAD THE CAR ALL CLEANED UP ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. IM ROLLING THROUGH ROSENBERG HEADING TO THE HOUSE TO GET READY TO GO OUT HUNTING. ( WAS 20 YRS OLD AT THE TIME). PASS A LITTLE HATCHBACK CIVIC AT A CROSS STREET. ME AND THE GUY LOCK ON EACH OTHER AND HE PULLS OUT ON MY ***. I FIGURE WTF AM I GOING TO WASTE MY TIME FOR.. SO WE COMING THROUGH TOWN AND HE'S A PERSISTANT LITTLE GUY. SO WE'RE COMING UP ON A STRAIGHT BEHIND THE HIGH SCHOOL . LIGHT TURNS GREEN/ HE STANDS ON IT , I FIGURE SCREW IT . HE GETS THROUGH THE LIGHT I LAY HER DOWN ROLL SMOKE OFF THE TIRES AS I PASS HIM IN 2ND... POP HER INTO 3RD AND MUST HAVE BEEN DOING 90 IN A 45 .. BUT THE LOOK ON HIS FACE AS I PASSED HIM WAS PRICELESS...:glasses7:

This thread looks cool so i guess ill chip in. My uncle tells me storys of him back in highschool with his old plumb crazy '71 340 demon. He told me one time he was just pulling out of his highschool parking lot when a new at the time 86 camaro came screaming by. Well my uncle got a little pissed that some chevy boy thought that his new camaro that his moma bought him could beat his ride so he stood on it and caught up to the guy at the next stoplight. When he got there they did a little trash talking and all that good ****, but when the time came when the light changed i guess my uncle just punched it, and got him by a good 3 car lengths before the next light. The camaro guy didnt really try to **** with him after he blew his doors off

Here's the only one I have with my Cuda. About 3-1/2 yrs. ago when I first got my Cuda back together with the fresh 360 I took it down to the bottoms where all the locals test their cars. Nice long straight stretch of nice smooth and wide highway with plenty of room to see oncoming traffic. Just for the record I don't make a practice of street racing at all and generally ignore guys that want to race me or I stop and invite them to go to the track to race me. I was just coming to a stop to do a test run to see how it felt and a long time buddy came out of no where in his 68 Chevelle with a pretty stout built 355 with drag radials vs. my street tires so since he threw down the gauntlet I couldn't back down. Naturally he hooked much better with the drag radials and got me by about a car length out of the gate but by the time I hit second I was gaining on him at a pretty good rate. When I hit 3rd it was all over as he was already about 2 cars behind me. At the end I had him by about 3 car lengths. Really surprised me to beat him by so much. I think it surprised him quite a bit too. He was cool about it and just said he'd better take his back home and work on it some more, LOL

4;10 gears 8 3/4 mancini springs with cal tracs
stock front with willwood draglite brakes and cheapo napa shocks

Mid summer last year. I was driving home in my '73 dart w/ a mostly stock 360 with some bolt ons, even has the horrible 2.76 7 1/4 rear. Little honda kid rolls up next to me at a light. I tried to ignore him, really, I did. But after the light turned green he decided to shove his gas pedal through the floor and that little sucker revs up to 7 or 8000 rpm. I was still in first gear, so I half throttle it and pull about 6 cars on him didn't even get to shift into 2nd gear and it was all over.

Never saw the kid again.... but he did sell his honda soon after lol.

Back in 1983, I was a sophmore in H.S. and I was getting crap about the 1970 383 4spd. Superbee my sister drove to school. The body was rusted and banged up, but my Dad bought it from the local junkyard for $500. The 383 was real strong for being stock, and 3.55 gears helped too. Anyway, the jocks with big mouths and nice cars kept dissing the Bee until I agreed to a time and place. I was to race a GS Buick, 350 I think, but this car was sooo fast to these guys. Well, I stuck around after school till the head jock got done with track practice. We went out to "race road" and lined up. I spun at the hit, but by 3rd, things looked pretty good. I hit 4th, looked at the speedo to see 115 mph. I looked in the mirror to see how bad I beat this guy, only to see him turning around in the middle of the road and head back to town! The next day at school, there was quite a bit of respect for a certain hemi orange Superbee with rusted quarters and bald tires.

Going to date myself a little here. Back in 1971 I was driving a 63 Polara with a Bonneville prepped 361 roller engine. Fenderwell exit Hookers and all. 2.76 gears and a TFlite. Driving down the 101 South from Thousand Oaks going through Agoura. I was late for a date in Sunland and moving fast. Guy in goat must have thought I wanted to race. No time for this stuff so I just plant it. I fly by the ramp and in my mirror I see a Chippy. Then he hits the reds and starts down the ramp. Traffics light so I just stay in it. Beat the Goat and got a ticket for 135 in a 65 zone, pulling away from patrol car rapidly. Traffic school and lots of lectures about the dangers of racing on the roads.

Only cool part was the cop was so surprised by how fast the car was he had to look under the hood. He was a big Land Speed guy and when he heard the engine was a Norm Thatcher inspired 361 he was impressed. So much so he didn't arrest me or impound my car. So the judge told me he didn't think I could have been going that fast because I should have been arrested. So he tells me to "volunteer" for traffic school. The DA goes nuts and tells the judge that "i'm getting my cake and eating it too". The judge tells him to shut up and tells me to complete traffic school and behave. Of course I made another promise I wouldn't keep. But that's a lifetime of stories. That ticket is one of prized possessions.
Dan

My best one was back in '89. On I-40 in Arkansas,in my '69 350-350 Vette. (Sorry) Started to pass an '89 Mustang HO,and he elected to play games. We ran side by side to about 120. I told my buddy to look over and tip his hat,then I dropped the hammer. All that stang saw after that was tail lights. That Vette was bad fast.

brings back so many memories that I could go on and on but being the proud owner of a 340 4 speed car for over 30 years my kills are probably about30 to 3 got to love it !

I was at the local drag strip with a "run what you brung" day. I was talking to the Mustang owner that was behind me. According to him he had a 10.0 second car and was talking all kinds of crap. I was having a bad day and was running very high 12's due to a serious traction problem. It was breaking loose on any kind of serious power. The only way I could get into the 12's was to granny drive it off the line and feather it the whole way down the track. So I'm next in line and some how the officials changed the order so instead of the usual run the guy next to you, I ended up running the 10 second Mustang. I was just trying not to go up in smoke and feathered it the whole way down the track........ more than 6 car lengths ahead of Mr. 10 Seconds. When I drove up to get my crappy slip, Mr 10 Seconds stopped way behind and waited until I left to drive up for his. The rest of the night he made sure he wasn't anywhere near me in line.

A long time ago I had a '68 Cougar with a 351 cleveland and a slapstick on the floor. That car was fast. My brother and I are going to work at my Dad's bakery at 4:30 and this Nova is pushing us to race, revving up alongside us. I downshift and hit it. He jumps on it too. I have him by a ton. By block two, I have a half block on him. I blow around a slight curve six blocks up keep on it. I am letting up because my turn is coming up as he comes around the corner a block and a half behind me with a cherry on the dash and pulls me over. He was an off duty cop who wanted to play and got beat so badly he gave me a ticket to piss me off. What a prick.

Last night I was on the way home in my Dart 408 stroker and an Old Chevy truck pulled out ahead of me at a T intersection. It was a nice looking truck and sounded good. I was just riding along normally behind him and he just takes off in a roar of exhaust. I hit it pretty hard thinking I am going to lose because I got such a bad jump, but it's a two lane road and I have to stay behind him. I had just cranked the timing up to run on the 110 octane in my tank and had full power. I almost ran him over. I had to hit the brakes, and HARD to keep from hitting him. I passed him in the other lane and goosed it to hop the front end a couple of times as I went past. That 408 is scary fast. I wish I could afford race gas all the time!

I'll throw in a second party one because it's a cool story. My friend has a court report framed on his wall. In his younger days he bought a beautiful 68 Coronet R/T with the 440 magnum. He built it and put in a cam so radical it barely ran. He still had 2.76 gears in because he hadn't changed the rear end out yet. He and a kid in town were racing at night. Cops saw it and came out with lights flashing. He turned off his lights and lost them. They caught the other kid and he ratted out my buddy. In court, the cop said, "I was doing 110 and the black car with the white stripe turned off it's lights and took off like a bat out of hell!" He ordered a copy and framed it.

I've got a couple of these. One of my favorites. My friends and I were out cruising one night, and we stopped to fill up our tanks. While we were filling up... all the trash talking started up between us about who has the fastest car. Now this happend just about every weekend, and we have had plenty of street races to settle it. We always had rematches since we all were constantly working on our rides.

The car list went as follows:
1982 silverado with brand new 350, fitted with a few aftermarket parts...
240sx with an acura engine swap and a turbo...
1986 camaro with a rebuilt v6(the slowest)...
1966 thunderbird(my car) 390ci rebuilt for the strip, c6 trans and a 9 inch

Anyway, we all tore *** out of the gas station to head out to our racing grounds(a virtualy unused road, we played it safe.... enough):burnout:. As I was aproaching the upcoming red light( I was in the front of the pack), a police SUV pulls up next to me and blips his siren. With the fear that I was about to get a fat ticket for burning out a few moments before, I looked over at the cop and he says " Hey man... you want to race?" I was a bit suprised and relieved.

I then asked him, "Are you gonna arrest me if you lose?" He smiled and said no. So we decided to do a rolling start. Keep in mind that my friends in their cars behind me had no idea what was going on. The cop and I got up to about 15mph... then took off full blast. Of course I blew the cops doors off. We both caught the next red light for a moment, gave eachother a thumbs up and went on with our night.

A few minutes later we stop at a friends house and all the guys got out of their cars yelling "What the **** was that! We thought you were running from the cop or something." And I said "No, he just wanted to see if his cruiser could keep up with a real car." :D Good times

I've got a couple of these. One of my favorites. My friends and I were out cruising one night, and we stopped to fill up our tanks. While we were filling up... all the trash talking started up between us about who has the fastest car. Now this happend just about every weekend, and we have had plenty of street races to settle it. We always had rematches since we all were constantly working on our rides.

The car list went as follows:
1982 silverado with brand new 350, fitted with a few aftermarket parts...
240sx with an acura engine swap and a turbo...
1986 camaro with a rebuilt v6(the slowest)...
1966 thunderbird(my car) 390ci rebuilt for the strip, c6 trans and a 9 inch

Anyway, we all tore *** out of the gas station to head out to our racing grounds(a virtualy unused road, we played it safe.... enough):burnout:. As I was aproaching the upcoming red light( I was in the front of the pack), a police SUV pulls up next to me and blips his siren. With the fear that I was about to get a fat ticket for burning out a few moments before, I looked over at the cop and he says " Hey man... you want to race?" I was a bit suprised and relieved.

I then asked him, "Are you gonna arrest me if you lose?" He smiled and said no. So we decided to do a rolling start. Keep in mind that my friends in their cars behind me had no idea what was going on. The cop and I got up to about 15mph... then took off full blast. Of course I blew the cops doors off. We both caught the next red light for a moment, gave eachother a thumbs up and went on with our night.

A few minutes later we stop at a friends house and all the guys got out of their cars yelling "What the **** was that! We thought you were running from the cop or something." And I said "No, he just wanted to see if his cruiser could keep up with a real car." :D Good times

hah... awesome.

lets get real guys...i think this could be quite entertaining...whether or not you are a "street racer" per se, im sure all of us have participated in a few stoplight battles to ward off the pesky mustang or chevy owner...lets hear them!

for me, since the scamp isnt done, i have to rely on my 99 malibu v6...i footbrake it to just around 2k and most civics, rsx's, golfs, etc. dont stand a chance

Haha you havent met up with my sons 440hp at the wheel civic. Fastest 4cyl I ever drove

I miss my 2002 GTR. The amount of disappointment I gave people when they realized they had nothing that could compete with it.

I have one.. Not my car but it was my buddies mustang. My dart was there, but no-one would race it :(

Anywho..

Friends Mustang -
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
stock short block
E303 cam (fairly lumpy)
Trick flow Twisted Wedge heads
1.7 rockers
cobra intake
bbk CAI
headers
flowmasters w/ x-pipe
Shift Kit AOD w/ Aluminum drive shaft
3:73 gears

So we're all hanging out at a local racing spot. When a nice kid comes up asking my friend for a race.

This kid has a cute lil Acura Integra. It wasn't completely riced out or anything, it was ok. My friend rarely turns people away from a race no matter what car they have.
So they set up stipulations for the race, the Acura wanted 4 car lead. It was obvious he would have been decimated from an even start, agreements are made and they go to line up.
The Integra takes it's 4 car lead and my friend sets farther back. Then he pulls an *** of a move, he tells everyone to hold up and he gives the integra another 2ish cars lead.
The flagger gets up by the lead car and does the drop. All you hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABABABABABBABABABABABABABA ....BUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH
and before you know it my friends mustang is ROARING past the integra and proceded to put another 6 car lead by the time the race was over.
It was a funny run.. the only other person that wanted to race my friend after that was a newer nitrous'd mustang.

fun times.

just last sunday I went over to the local "SPOT" and lined up against a 93 mustang 331ci with canfield heads and a large roller cam and a stick! I had my wreck with worn out drag radials and no bottle! I spun out of the hole giving the stang a car and a half lead...I ran him down and pulled a car length in a measured out 1/8th mile! Second round was against another stang sporting a turbo and a 75 shot of spray...I spun bad out of the hole ( 3 car lengths ) and I only lost by about 1 1/2 cars lengths! Everybody thought I was spraying cause I spun so bad. I am going back for revenge this week with my new ET STREETS and a full bottle of spray!!! Might have video of this run to post!

I am going back for revenge this week with my new ET STREETS and a full bottle of spray!!! Might have video of this run to post!

OH please do. I like video's... kinda like picture books. lol

I did get revenge on that turbo stang>>>He actually blew the header gaskets in it trying to catch up! I was wearing my new shirt that I had made for all the guys running their mouths and not their cars! it says...LINE UP or SHUT UP

Dustin off this fossil.....

So I'm driving home one summer evening in Waycross Georgia and trying to catch up with an old tea bucket. When I finally do, we're side by side at a light. The driver is prolly my age and he's got what I assumed was his teenaged son next to him. The kid is thoroughly burried in his smartphone and hadn't noticed....well anything else really. I rev it hard and the kid puts the phone down. The light turns green and we light 'em up!

All I remember was the smile on that kids face and always thought that we hooked him forever. You're welcome Waycross dad!

L_A_P

I thought my 340 Challenger was badass! Kicked a lot of butt with it. Got my *** handed to me by an older gentleman in a 390 AMX.. I had no business trying, but it was awesome to watch his car go...

-
Back