Killing me but glad to be here

-

68convert

Reaction score
Seeing what some of you guys have done is incredible and my father-in-law has decided he is done playing in the mopar sandbox and wants to sell the barracuda to split the money between the grandchildren for their future. Will it bring alot I dunno ...but he has had the car for 18 years and it is killing me to see him sell it. However, he has given me the rights to sell it ....so I get to drive it ...so for a short period of time it is mine! or feels like it.
I wish I could just buy off the other family members but there is no way I can afford to ...so it must go.
From what I have gathered online it should be worth about $10k if I could find a buyer for it. But in the mean time its mine mine mine! Man I want my own :(

2 other siblings and I just adopted 2 boys from Russia so there is no chance I can buy them out. Pictures will be up tonight.
The guys at work saw it this morning and they said ask 10k but be willing to negoiate ...one said " I wouldn't take less then 9 thousand" so I think thats what I should shoot for ...its killing me to get it of it.
You know the worst part ...I have been looking for a musclecar for over a year ...even during the adoption; saving my pennies in case I found a deal that may take me 10 years to finish ...and along comes his Barracuda. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I don't even have 500$ saved up for a project car ...so this hurts! Atleast I get to enjoy it till its gone.

well at least you've got your priorities straight. So many times you see people buying stuff they don't need and can't afford. Good luck to you.

68convert said:
my father-in-law...wants to sell the barracuda to split the money between the grandchildren for their future.

saving my pennies in case I found a deal that may take me 10 years to finish ...and along comes his Barracuda

Any chance you could get the family members to agree to a contract (so they know you're serious) that gets you the car and you agree to pay into a savings account each month for each of the grandkids until you've paid in an agreed to amount?

Just an idea...

Jay

site1002.JPG

site1003.JPG

site1004.JPG

site1005.JPG

Have him sign it over to you. Get a colateral loan on the car, pay everyone off and drive away happy!!

Done deal!

Or.. have him sign it over to you, skip town, move to Mexico, live in fear of angry relatives, but drive a nice 'Cuda convertible while in exhile.

Good luck

Joe

-
Back