kind of a rant i guess...

-
You're alright. Don't worry about what everyone else says about you. Be able to look in the mirror with a clean conscience and know who you are and how you got to be where you're at right now.

Theres nothing wrong with anyone who has help from their family!!
Whats with people. They would do the same thing for their kids. It all comes down to appreciation for what you have. Theres a big difference between being spoilt and not appreciating or contributing and being grateful.

Those people that dump on you can't tell the difference because their own issues are staring them right in the face.

Imagine if someone cures cancer but he has financial help from his parents, will they deny the achievement still. It's all relative and has nothing to do with anyone else.

You don't comment on their lives so why should they comment on yours.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Don't sweat it dude. I never had a car given to me either. Or bicycle or anything. I got all my sister's hand me down bikes as a kid until a neighbor sold me his old 10 speed for 40 bucks. My parents bought my older sister a car at 16. I had two Chargers at 16.....bought myself. I never really thought about them buyin her stuff.....I always worked and bought my own stuff. somebody tells you "It must be nice.......", take it as a compliment. They're just jealous. I'll tell you what "must be nice." It must be nice that you ARE employed and it sounds like by the grace of God yall are pretty blessed with a lot of business and I KNOW you are thankful for that. Count those blessings dude. Don't worry about what others think.

You have every right to be proud of what you have accomplished,don't worry about what other people think because if they knew you they would see what we see,Iv'e nevver had anything really nice but I take care of what I have.

I'm gonna make my life what i want it to be, I know i can get what i want.

To me this says everything about you. This kind of attitude will take you far in life. It is great to see a younger guy not afraid to break his back making something of his life. Believe me I gave up trying to hire somebody for the longest time because there are so many that just do not have a work ethic anymore. Keep it up and blow off the people that are jealous of your talent.

You seem to have a lot more wisdom than not only your peers , but more than those whom are your senior .
Wish I had as much applicable wisdom at 22 !

My parents have helped me monumentally throughout my entire life . Granted , I have psychiatric disabilities ( functioning autism , primarily ) , and I needed their support ; but , whenever they helped me make a big purchase , I always not only appreciated their help , but I also repaid them .
Certainly there was a lot of largeese involved ; a tall order from a Blue Collar Working Class family .

But , I divulge ...

At 40 years old , my mechanical knowledge is still spotty at best ; both applicable knowledge ( hands on ) and theoretical knowledge . I come from a non-mechanical family , so everything I've learned , I've had to learn on my own .
Take this opportunity that you have , and help teach some of your neighbourhood kids about mechanical items . Start with the basics ; give 'em reading materials ( magazines , books , etc. ) , and graduate them to hands-on .
You'd be acting in a community sense ( something that's all but dead these days , unfortunately ) , and you'd be teaching them to think for themselves ...
not only mechanically , but also politically and philosophically .

I wish you continued success .

actually i showed some younger kids some things, theres a 14 year old that broke the shift fork in his dirt bike.. i took it apart welded it and he kept riding. He bought a new one and brought it back to fix rigged one and i showed him how it all come apart and what not.

my x gf had a 12 year old little brother, i tried to teach him for a year but for some reason he had no respect for me. If i told him how to do something he would argue and not listen.... and not try to put no effort in. I gave him nitro powered rc cars, run it into the ground and when it broke he would take one bolt out and then come crying to me he couldn't do it. I rather have saw him try and fail rather then give up with in 2 mintues, his excuse to me is that my dad probably did everything for me. I said no nitro rc cars i did all alone and is what taught me about how things worked.... camber, caster, toe in out, shocks, carbs gearing etc etc

i teach my older cousin stuff all the time, were doing a 73 roadrunner 4 speed now. We just got done doing a 720 kit on a raptor of his.

Years ago I stopped at a store to get some lunch to take to work with me for second shift as a welder. I came back out and threw a leg over the seat of my new Harley and some lazy no account sittin under a tree with a fishing pole tells me " It must be nice" It is no different today there is always somebody telling you how nice you got it nevermind how much you had to work to get it. Your doing just fine and you don't have to put up with anyones BS.

i live like 5 miles from the original woodstock of 69 site in bethel ny

to bad its not like 69 anymore... its bethel woods now... all blacktop parking lots, roped off, fences, gates, security, fancy stage.. etc etc. They have concerts from big name people all the time.. i dont even go.. i love to see the traffic and i know all the back ways around.

i live like 5 miles from the original woodstock of 69 site in bethel ny
Does it still stink from 41 years ago ? Y'know , all the pitchuli and general malodour ?

J/K !

Would've liked to have seen Sly & the Family Stone , Ritchie Havens , The Who and some others ... I like The Experience-era of Hendrix more than the later era stuff ; there's no comparison to Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding for a rhythem section :happy10:

Ronny,you sound like a heck of a guy. You work hard,you help others,you care about family. Whats not to like about that ?
Dont worry about what these pencil neck geeks have to say. F**k em.
Just concentrate on what you are doing on a daily basis.Continue to help others.Continue to be close with friends and family who love you for the person you are. Continue to be the great person you are,and everything will be just fine.

Ronnie just continue on the way you have been don't worry what others think. I work out of a small shop next to my home i used to help folks out but one guy screwed me over and the wife said no more,i do help out friends tho i have done mopar lower control arm pivot bushings for 50.00$-upper and lower ball joints on a 2001 ram p.u. 200.00$ just because my friends are just as broke as me. Every thing i have i worked my *** off for, i own my mobile home,my 1998 3500 ram,my old cars.Some of the folks in our area think i'm rich i say no i'm not i saved and bought what i wanted,don't let them bother you just put'em on ignore and carry on.

-
Back