Kindig's molesting a 67 Coronet

-
7 hail Mary's and 6 bless me father's for replying to a thread that has "molesting" in the title.
Ahhhhhh I feel so much better now.

i've talked to guys why have seen their work in person and they all say its top notch..

Their work is absolutely top notch...and nice guys too.
Dave and KevDog were both at the Grand National Roadster Show last year and spent some time in the main concession booth signing autographs. Since I was working the booth as well I got the chance to talk to them a bit.
The '66 Nova (1966 CHEVROLET NOVA II SS CUSTOM COUPE - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions) was part of their display so I got to see it up close. I told Dave I'd like to steal his shoulder harness mounting method for my '69 Dart build.

Last edited:
There work is absolutely top notch...and nice guys too.
Dave and KevDog were both at the Grand National Roadster Show last year and spent some time in the main concession booth signing autographs. Since I was working the booth as well I got the chance to talk to them a bit.
The '66 Nova (1966 CHEVROLET NOVA II SS CUSTOM COUPE - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions) was part of their display so I got to see it up close. I told Dave I'd like to steal his shoulder harness mounting method for my '69 Dart build.
Good story! Glad to know they're nice.

I'm not a fan of restomod or custom, but the car really is kinda cool, and you gotta love the powertrain. It really does look like a hot wheels car though.

I have been recording and watching "Bitchin Rides" for years. It is the only car show that they don't have to beep out the profanity because the guys on the shop don't use profanity.
It is the one car show that my wife enjoys watching with me because she gets the cars and she likes the feeling the show projects.
I record Martin Brothers and Dan's show in Virginia but they have some beeps in them and my bride doesn't care for Dan.
IMHO, all of the above car shows are better than GYC, I get so tired of the way it is produced and edited.
The short of it is that Dave Kindig is a class guy who builds great cars that I will never be able to afford but I still learn something every time I watch it.
My $00.02 worth-----------------FWIW-----------------------

I'm not a fan of restomod or custom, but the car really is kinda cool, and you gotta love the powertrain. It really does look like a hot wheels car though.

It's almost more Muscle Machines than Hot Wheels! :)

muscle-machines-68-dodge-hemi-dart-18_1_459012404da0064845b04d35de7e514a.jpg

That Coronet is nicely done...but not my cup of meat.
You hit the nail right on the head. That explains my feelings exactly. The only reason I would buy it is to flip it for more cash. I appreciate it for what it is, but it's not something I would own.

Not a fan of the wheels...TOO BIG!!! Also not a fan of the front end but, I do like what they did with the windshield. Put some smaller diameter wheels with some actual tires instead of rubber bands and, put a shaved down front bumper on it then it would be bitchin...they do seem as if there work is top notch.

Cool interior touch. Console shaped like an old school Hemi hood scoop. Haven’t watched the show much but may put it on dvr now

Not a fan of the wheels...TOO BIG!!! Also not a fan of the front end but, I do like what they did with the windshield. Put some smaller diameter wheels with some actual tires instead of rubber bands and, put a shaved down front bumper on it then it would be bitchin...they do seem as if there work is top notch.
Yea, wheels are way too big for me. What amazes me is how they completely cut out the whole bottom of the car, taking a full frame and adding it to the bottom of the car, thus creating a new “unibody”. Gotta admire the way they approach the design, like it or not.

Now here's a chop gone bad, car was for sale in Idaho.

69-dodge-charger-custom-10.jpg
69-dodge-charger-custom-1.jpg
69-dodge-charger-custom-3.jpg
images5ZO03C5D.jpg
chopped.jpg

Last edited:
I admire that shows abilities, lack of foul language, and BS drama. I admit those restomod/custom, what ever the tag is, are not for me to like, nor could I afford one days cost in labor there!! That is just me.
I began wondering 10-12 years ago how long it would be till our stock Mopar projects start to go the way of the custom. As the generation of car entusiasts changes , so does a lot of what is desirable to the next generation. The BJ will indicate this, as will Hagerties tracking the age of classic car guys asking for quotes! The baby boomer gen, is being replaced by milleniums and gen x.
The desire for a 30-50's hotrod is decreasing and this stuff like this chopped 67 is just beginning to take over. I agree with at least these cars are not being made into chicken of the sea TUNA cans.
Mopar guys go to shows and can complain about the new Callengers there, but these new muscle car have power, style, and if that keeps an interest with the younger crowd, that is great! Same with these resto cumtom mods, I don't want one, but I am glad these people spend the $$ on their old cars!!

I think the Coronet looks hideous. Some of the cars Kindig has done are really cool. But the overall design, and those big wheels are just not "right" on this particular car IMHO. Kindig does do good quality work though.

Personally I would walk right by a whole row of perfectly Restored MOPAR'S to look at this car. Like stated before I enjoy the lack of every other word being bleeped. As far as Fantomworks I like some stuff he does but like DesertRat's wife just can't like Dan but will still watch unlike GYC which I gave up on.

Finish version is not my cup of tea but you cannot watch an episode and not admire their metal working skills. As a fairly sophisticated metal fabricator myself, the blend of art and functional metal working ability his guys have just blows me away. Tedious comes to mind, takes a special kind of mindset to make the same part over and over with ever so subtle changes. I am a fan!

I "accidentally" went to their shop back in July.

I've got a few pics but haven't had a chance to post them.

Most of their stuff is not my cup of tea either, but as stated elsewhere, they do some damn good work.

Kev (ahem, dog) used to get on my nerves big time but he has either toned down, or I've gotten used to him.

I loved that he used the term "re-unibodied".

I'm actually OK with this build, although the "before" shot showed R/T badges and I'd be way less comfortable if they did all that to a real R/T.

The hood treatment actually works for me and is somewhat functional as well as an homage to both a 67 R/T hood and a 71/72 N96 hood.

Our hobby continues to evolve, like most things. Like most said, I appreciate their work although I do not care for it on the 60's muscle type cars. Maybe a more door would be a good canvas ? I figured decades ago, some of our muscle cars would go the way of the typical street rod, and then comes the pro touring stuff, the resto rod stuff... all is good with me. These things are cars, chunk of steel and plastic.
I prefer to see this stuff done to the mundane models, not the Rt's etc. Not that a 67 Coronet RT 440 car is a really big deal, except to the guy that is the purist and totally appreciates that model in its natural state!!
I do enjoy watching.

-
Back