Knock off cal-trac bars.....hmmmm

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Just got my knock off cal-trac bars in and they seem to be very good.. heavy duty, decent welds,and powder coated...says made in New Jersey...only paid $155....and if I could have affordedthe real deal $476...I would have gotten them...my question is should they work with oem leafs or are mono-leafs or split mono leafs required...kinda on a budget and need advice....going on 71 duster with factory 6 leaf 340 springs....

20230714_204712.jpg

20230714_204704.jpg

20230714_204618.jpg

20230714_203552.jpg

Tried but phone won't let me...they on eBay for $173 or make offer

Seems like most of them are distributed from California but they have a New Jersey address

The man ,the myth ,the legend.. I knew you'd get it big guy

Do they work??
Car doesn't have a lot of power, but does seem to hook up well, even running a 4.10 gear. They were installed by a po, no idea how much power it made before I got it, engine was grenaded, it had a nitrous plate kit when I bought it as well.

I just figured what the hell $50 more than a set of Lakewoods and if they work it will be a bonus...might paint black....wish they were chrome

The trouble with cheaping out on these is you better be good at suspension tuning. There is so much good info in track tuning Caltracks that you may be like a guy with BO. You may be standing in the field by yourself.

With the stock 10.5 / 275 horse engine I don't really it matters so much as the pin uses downward force on front spring..I don't think it will be 4 link science...at least I hope not....watched a fellow make a homemade set and cut a 1.33 60ft...but he was a master at track tuning ...I guess...

I'd be weary of the quality of the heim joints they used and maybe buy good ones for the front before you hammer on them.

Sounds like an excellent idea I'll look for some of the beefiest heim joints that'll fit in the hole..because I might be adding a little more power later...if the prices quit rising...

These went from $155 to $650......they must work....

-
Back