Koni Shocks

-

Topless69

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can still get Koni shocks for 67-69 Barracudas? I’ve been searching the web and can’t find them.
If they’re no longer being made, are the Gabriel gas shocks worth buying for a street car or would Monroe’s be better for a mostly stock setup?

Last edited:
There are several threads on shocks going on here. My answer is but the best shock you can afford. And something that is double adjustable.

IMO a shock that can’t be tuned is worthless.

Konis are single adjustable. You unbolt one side, compress shock, turn the body for adjustment, re-bolt up shock end.

They make them for B/E bodies. Those can be used on A-bodies. Some Abodies have different rear bushings. You might have to change or do some cutting to the bushing to get them to fit.

Konis are single adjustable. You unbolt one side, compress shock, turn the body for adjustment, re-bolt up shock end.

They make them for B/E bodies. Those can be used on A-bodies. Some Abodies have different rear bushings. You might have to change or do some cutting to the bushing to get them to fit.
So the B/E body Konis will fit A body’s?
OK thanks, that’s good to know.

So the B/E body Konis will fit A body’s?
OK thanks, that’s good to know.

they will “fit” but technically they were originally a little longer. If the car is super slammed to the ground with cut down bump stops this might be an issue.

You will most likely have to modify the rear bushings. The rear most likely will not bolt on out of the box.

Many parts store shocks use the same part number.

Koni is a nice shock, but its hydraulic not gas. The Bilstein is gas mono tube and suites a wide variety of conditions.

The Fox shocks are nice too and the rebound is adjustable. I find these work well autocrossing and road racing. If you're really serious a double or triple adjustable shock is super nice but overkill for most. I don't know of an mono tube double or triple adjustables that are off the shelf for Mopar. The popular QA1 and Viking are twin tube btw.

I may have a pair of front Konis for an A body, they were on my race car when I bout it, I went to some different shocks that I've had excellent luck with. I'll have to check next week when I get back from a road trip to help a friend get the glass for his F body.

There are Drag Koni shocks and regular ones.

-
Back