Kudos to Dewalt

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
(Note to Dewalt. I will pay more for American made)

I have an old American made Dewalt grinder that has given me good service.
A few years ago I went to Lowes/Depot to pick up a secondary/backup angle grinder.
All were made in China.
So I then went to Horror Freight and bought the cheapest Chinese one I could.
It failed last week.
So back to Lowes/Depot for a replacement.
Much to my surprise I found one like my old Dewalt made in America.
But only one on the self. The rest were made in China.
All had a lot date of 2015.
So it seems:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeWalt
On Veterans Day of 2013, DeWalt issued a press release stating it would be bringing some assembly of a small selection of their products to US using globally manufactured parts from Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, Italy, Mexico, the UK, and the US. The products assembled in the US would be branded under the label, "Built in the USA with global materials."[7]

2015 - DEWALT now has seven manufacturing facilities building DEWALT branded products in the USA: New Britain, CT, Hampstead, MD, Shelbyville, KY, Greenfield, IN, Cheraw, SC, Charlotte, NC, and Jackson, TN.[8

Attachments

• 20160202_103021 (Large).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20160202_103126 (Large).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 20160202_103131 (Large).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 20160202_103140 (Large).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 186
Happy things worked out. I recently bought a DeWalt abrasive cutoff that while it does cut, has power, etc, the vise and table is a complete POS. You cannot lay steel "flat" across the table, as the way it's made there's no support, and the entire vise structure is way too flimsy.

I paid 200 bucks for the thing.

I bought a brand new Dewalt drill from Sears in 2010. I brought it home, plugged it in, put a bit in it and hit the trigger. i ran about three seconds started smoking and died. It would not turn a lick. I took it back and got a Craftsman that I have used ever since.

yea China makes some good chi-,.. man!!!!! I can't believe that $30 Mikita right angle grinder is still runnin after how many 100's of hours!???/

I'll have to chk my next time Im in hardware store up here in Canada. Curious to see where they are made.

-
Back