-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swinger340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Will sell ONLY one of them. Your choice, one is dated 68 and other is dated 69. Both in nice shape just need a little cleaning. $60

Attachments

• 101_1435 (2).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 241
I am looking for the correct timing cover for my 68 340. The one on the car has timing marks (molded in) and correct balancer on the driver side which is impossible to get the timing light on. I would like to get the correct pass side cover and balancer for my 68. I have seen some that have a separate timing tab and some like yours that are molded for the pass side. Do you which is correct for an early 68 gts 340? Also, do you have a correct balancer?

Paul

I am looking for the correct timing cover for my 68 340. The one on the car has timing marks (molded in) and correct balancer on the driver side which is impossible to get the timing light on. I would like to get the correct pass side cover and balancer for my 68. I have seen some that have a separate timing tab and some like yours that are molded for the pass side. Do you which is correct for an early 68 gts 340? Also, do you have a correct balancer?

Paul

Early 68 (and most 68s in my opinion) would have the cover with the separate bolt on timing tab.

When you mention wanting a correct "pass side cover", are you referring to needing a 340 specific valve cover for the pass side?

In 68 the 318 and 340 valve covers on the passenger side are essentially the same other than a wire holding channel (340) vs a wire holding tab (318 ). These are the alternator wires I'm referring to.

That channel can easily be made and installed on a 318 valve cover.

Wow.... this is an old ad. One is dated 68 and other is date 69. I had forgotten that i even advertised them. I had a couple takers that had backed out. I would also agree that a early 68 340 w 67 casting date would have had the 273 style cover w BLT on timing marks. I have one off of a 67 dated 340

I'm guessing that if you want the correct cover for your motor you would have to figure out the build date/ casting date of your original block and match that up to the casting date on the timing cover? I'm no expert but a 68 cover could actually have come a 69 model year engine.

I would go w a cover closest to engine build date. I have seen numbers cars w engines cast 3-5 mo before car build date. Sale pending on 1 cover, keeping the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back