LA 318 with Mag Serpentine

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
After searching with no luck,

Will a Magnum timing cover work on an LA318 (roller cam TBI motor) with a LA318 center sump oil pan? That would allow the magnum serpentine setup.

I can find all the info in the world for everything else, but not for putting a magnum front end on an LA 318.

I have a 360 and a 318 center sump pan, and a couple of magnum camshafts which would get reground.

The timing cover will physically fit, but you'll have to swap to an electric fuel pump and a short snout magnum style cam...

The accessory brackets? I'm not so sure they bolt in the same place with the bolt holes in the LA heads--I can't recall

The timing cover will physically fit, but you'll have to swap to an electric fuel pump and a short snout magnum style cam...

The accessory brackets? I'm not so sure they bolt in the same place with the bolt holes in the LA heads--I can't recall

I believe they can be drilled. I plan on using EQ heads. Hopefully they are already drilled.

My main concern was the oil pan sealing surfaces. I know the rear sealing surfaces are different between the LA and Mag 318. I suppose the timing cover end of things is the same.

Oh-if you're using EQ heads, you should be good. The timing cover mating surface is the same dimension.

-
Back