LA offset cam keys

-

bigdemo1

Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea where to get em,seems they're getting hard to come by.

Got mine from Smokey's Speed Shop in Oceanside California. I think they were Mr. Gasket Brand. Same as a SBC Crank Key! Brian at IMM Engines taught me that one.

2* & 4* The 2* key came in at 3.5* kind of sloppy fitting. The 4* Key Came in at 5* and fit really snug, just to let you know in advance to check it!

They will ship straight to your door. I was close enough to drive.

Smokey's Auto Parts Speed
1602 South Coast Highway
Oceanside, CA 92054-5318
(760) 433-9770

Got mine from Smokey's Speed Shop in Oceanside California. I think they were Mr. Gasket Brand. Same as a SBC Crank Key! Brian at IMM Engines taught me that one.

2* & 4* The 2* key came in at 3.5* kind of sloppy fitting. The 4* Key Came in at 5* and fit really snug, just to let you know in advance to check it!

They will ship straight to your door. I was close enough to drive.

Smokey's Auto Parts Speed
1602 South Coast Highway
Oceanside, CA 92054-5318
(760) 433-9770

do you have a part #? I can get Mr. Gasket stuff...didn't know they had offset keys. I learned that from MADDART!! LOL!! ;- )

Will the multi keyway crank gear do the same thing? 5 or 9 position I think.

Thanks,guys don't know which I will need,we're so far for shipping that I thought I would order them ahead just in case so I would have them when the cam and heads get here.PAW has 2,4,6,8 can't remember which lower pulley I have,maybe I'll get lucky and not need them.

Will the multi keyway crank gear do the same thing? 5 or 9 position I think.

Yes. But you don't get to fight the key in and out of the groove that way.

I saw Hughes has Multi Keyway double roller timing chains for sale these days.

So if the lower sprocket has keyways at 4 and 8 then if I aligned to the 8o'clock pos then that would be advanced by how many degrees,sorry but first time checking this.

Yes. But you don't get to fight the key in and out of the groove that way.

I saw Hughes has Multi Keyway double roller timing chains for sale these days.

I just bought one of them at Indy. Nice timing set and has the different slots on the cam sprocket so you don't have to remove and reset the degree wheel to make changes. 1,2 and 3 degrees at the cam which = 2,4 and 6 crank degrees.

-
Back