LA valve covers on magnum heads?

-

Badart

Reaction score
Anybody running LA valve covers on magnum heads? If so are there any issues with leaks? I am curious because I have upgraded to roller rockers and the aduster nuts will not let my magnum covers fit now, which is what I kind of expected. I would like to just buy the fabricated aluminum cover for LA heads.

they fit fine.. no leaks...and I have the fab. ones and they look great.. got them for 90 on ebay

they fit fine.. no leaks...and I have the fab. ones and they look great.. got them for 90 on ebay

Thanks, that's what I need to know. Oh yeah, what kind of gasket are you running? I have the reusable rubber metal core magnums. Will they still work?

you can use the cork or the rubber ones...I have cork now, but rubber is easier I believe

I have had MP cast LA covers on magnum heads for about 35k miles now with no leaks. I am also reusing the LA MP metal core gaskets two.

BADART,

So you got the rockers I sent! Cool......

Also be careful of the Pro-Comp Valve Covers. Mine leaked REALLY bad on the Dyno after about 5 min of running. The Gasket rails are
not straight and you will need to use a Squishy gasket for sure hard Cometic type WILL leak. I recommend Cork so you can really squeeze the gasket.

BADART,

So you got the rockers I sent! Cool......

Also be careful of the Pro-Comp Valve Covers. Mine leaked REALLY bad on the Dyno after about 5 min of running. The Gasket rails are
not straight and you will need to use a Squishy gasket for sure hard Cometic type WILL leak. I recommend Cork so you can really squeeze the gasket.

Yep, I got the rockers. I meant to tell you. Thanks for the good deal and for the advice.

-
Back