Labannon Valley Mopar Day

-
Spent the day with Tom340 and his yellow Duster. We ran our cars 3 times each and had a blast. My best time was 14.64 @ 95MPH. I'll let Tom report his own times, but they were better than mine! LOL
His wife Carol took a bunch of pix, so maybe he'll post them up.
My car burned 1 tank of gas all day, including 5 hours on the highway up/back as well as the 3 runs. Car ran like a top all day!
Man, what a great day we had!
Sorry I didn't say goodbye when we left, Tom, but we looked for ya's and couldn't find ya. Hopefully we'll see ya's again soon.

George
Hey buddy, yea after we saw you later in the day like after the 3rd run we met up with my dad and brother and went thru the swapmeet area. Im pretty sure we ran into you guys there again..Bought pop some parts for his '69 Plymouth and then watched some drag races. Donnie Dwy's wife was racing the '71 R/T Challenger 440+6 they have. Nice run, 12.65 @ 111 :) I need to upload the pics from the starting line, where you pulled a 10 car lead on me!!!!!!! (yea, I'll have a large fry, 2 cheese burgers and a coke)

The cars I was with were all just the other side.. You guys probably backed up to each other...lol. I am TERRIBLE with walking up and saying hi. I'll talk to anyone next to me... but as for just wandering the pits and introducing myself I don't...lol. It was fun tho. Next year I'll bring a car. We should get FABO stickers or something for days like that...

AdamR gave me a bunch of FABO cards, this works as a good excuse to begin a conversation. Man good idea about the stickers, how 'bout a small window decal for the rear window like the "ScatPack" sticker you always see on Dodges?? Wonder if we could do something like that, nothing tacky or overly bright, and something that sticks from the INSIDE.

Hey buddy, yea after we saw you later in the day like after the 3rd run we met up with my dad and brother and went thru the swapmeet area. Im pretty sure we ran into you guys there again..Bought pop some parts for his '69 Plymouth and then watched some drag races. Donnie Dwy's wife was racing the '71 R/T Challenger 440+6 they have. Nice run, 12.65 @ 111 :) I need to upload the pics from the starting line, where you pulled a 10 car lead on me!!!!!!! (yea, I'll have a large fry, 2 cheese burgers and a coke)
Is This the Challenger?

Chal.jpg

Yes, that is the car. He has a '71 GTX same color. The guy who did my motor just built a 560 hp 416 SB for their latest family addition (70 Duster) but car wasnt ready for Saturday.

Yes, that is the car. He has a '71 GTX same color. The guy who did my motor just built a 560 hp 416 SB for their latest family addition (70 Duster) but car wasnt ready for Saturday.
That was a nice car.
There was a chick driving a 72 Duster there as well. Sexy when a chick is out there! LOL

I'll work on the pix again later Tom, but read your email bud.
Thanks to Carol for taking them.

George

She ran really great. My wife noted more than a few (pc) female gender of the species were operating drag cars. Just so long as its not a Chevy SB 383 stroker in a Duster like on Pinks allout.
Email sent-3 pics from LVD included.

Pics from yesterday.
I need to buy the pic of my car taken by the track photographer. It came out awesome, and no guardrail in the way.
Man, that wa s alot of fun. I can't wait to build my next Dart. Should go 12's when I'm done.

Thanks for the pix, Tom & Carol.

George

Dart @ Dragstrip 1A.jpg

Dart @ Dragstrip 2A.jpg

Dart @ Dragstrip 3A.jpg

Man, I am bummed I missed it, looks like it was a great day. Hope to be running my car there next year.

Anyone know anything about the green '71 Dart with the 'Wedge' license plate? I saw it at E-Town running 11s. Looks like a cool sleeper...

AdamR gave me a bunch of FABO cards, this works as a good excuse to begin a conversation. Man good idea about the stickers, how 'bout a small window decal for the rear window like the "ScatPack" sticker you always see on Dodges?? Wonder if we could do something like that, nothing tacky or overly bright, and something that sticks from the INSIDE.
Stickers can be had when becoming a Gold member,also helps the site stay running!Nice pics,looks like fun!

Few more shots.
My son took all the pictures Saturday. When we got home I found that the settings had been changed on the camera, so the pictures are a bit grainy. I was having problems with this camera a few weeks ago, so I must have change the settings when I was messing with it.

Cuda side.jpg

Dart front.jpg

DusterB D.jpg

Glad everyone had a good time.

Ted Sweet
Vice President
Capital Area Mopars

Hey Ted.
Although I didn't race Saturday, I have in the past. I have to say, from where I was sitting it looked like the day went real smooth.

-
Back