Lakewood bell housing in a A-body conversion

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Doing a big block and 4-speed conversion in my 68 notch and just starting to mock everything up now. I have the B-block in there now with Schumacher mounts, with the 4-speed and Lakewood bellhousing. My question is do the Lakewood bellhousings hang down farther than a stock bell housing??? It sure seems to be low but this 4-speed stuff is all new to me so maybe that is the way they just are??? Also useing Scumacher headers. Anything else I should have concerns with???

Thanks
Derrick

In my '69 Dart GTS I have an older NHRA approved Ansen 11" bellhousing, with TTI chassis headers. The Z-bar fitment was a major royal pain in the as**, as well as the starter fitment was ar real b@#*h. :angry7:Ended up using a RobbMCC starter (they're smaller than a mini starter) and it still had to be modified because the torque from the engine was twisting the housing. Did not have to modify or even ding the headers which was a relief as they looked really nice.
I stayed with the 4 speed in because I wanted to use my V-gate shifter, and now that I remember it, this car was originally a 4 speed which is another reason why I didn't go to automatic.
In retrospect, I should have gone with either an automatic so I could have used my Schumacher headers or at least gone with a 10 1/2" factory bellhousing. I think the fitting would have been much easier and I would have had a driving project much quicker.
Now that it's working, it's all good..................:love7:

-
Back