Last Cruise

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the Demon out for it's last cruise of the year last night. It worked great as the wife's screams will attest to. This will mark the first time that I will be putting the car away for the winter that I won't have to do any major repairs to it. I have some plans to work on it over the winter, but it is optional stuff that I want to do, not need to do.

How about the rest of you FABO northerners, when is your last cruise and do you have any plans for your car over the winter?

Jack

I feel for yuh man, but not to brag umm i'll be goin to cruises all winter long haha gotta love the 2 seasons of hawaii.....wet and dry ahhaha good luck on your tweaks with the car of winter.

Hey, My son and I went to the last car show Sunday the 3rd. close to 400 cars.(Forgot my Dam Camera!) Car ran great,not planning on doing much to it over the winter.Sad to have to put her away! Maybe get a couple of nice days before snow,that means back it out of the garage and shift gears!:burnout:

hahaha ya I was in hawaii over the summer it was near perfect anyways we have a few shows left for halloween but nothing big, the season is just about done here in michigan I have my first child on the way so other then a couple things the car is going into hidding for the winter

my garage gets too cold to make plans to work on the car. in the winter , i try to collect some parts i need so i can start back in on it in late march.

have mine covered up allready

but it the sun is out the cover will come off and the car will get to see

the pavement

Attachments

• DSC00049.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 161
Hey Jack how's it hanging. Hell summer just started over here, it's been nicer this last week than all of July and August, finally quit raining. The farmers need 3 weeks of no rain and I wouldn't bet they'll get it. I'm changing oil pans this winter for one that's got 2 inches more sump, don't want it hanging to low and I think I'll drop the tranny to fix an oil leak and look at a different converter.

my plans for the dart over winter? Drive it... although I live in fresno california and the coldest it ever is in the morning when I will need to start the car is about 40 degrees. Only really drops below that at like 3, 4, 5 am and what not.

If I can get the fish running we have year round drive time. One of the few good things (the beach, mountains are others) about living in Southen Kalifornia.

Mine won't go away until the first time they salt the roads. And I bring it out for mid winter cruise on occasion when there has been plenty of rain to wash the salt off the roads.

After 10 years I have a few spots of rust starting to bubble the paint and the lower valance on the front has taken a beating so I do have some body work planned for the winter.

I,m waiting til the end of the month,or weather permitting.Going one last time to the dragstrip saturday(supposed to be sunny in the 20*C)with the 66 Dart.I will put the 73 Dart Sport away after some country cruising checking out the leaves changing colors.I,ve got some plans for the 66 Dart over winter.8)

Well thatsssss a hard one.We cruise into November,Cindys Birth day is November the fifth so I like to take he out in the car for a rip.This year new Insurance had me pay for a full year first time ever that we could not take insurance off for the winter.So If it is a real dry day no salt dust and full sun in the middle of winter well we are going for a RIP.

My Dart had its last cruise two weeks ago.. Its down for the winter now.. big plans for this winter.. new passenger side quarter, outerwheel house and trunk floor extension.. vinyl top going on, new headliner going in, bodywork getting finished and that pretty B5 blue getting sprayed on!! Im gonna be a busy dude til summer LOL

Last car show for the season around here is Sat. Sat. should be high of 55 and sunny so I will go. My car is a 20 footer at best so a waste of money to enter show but I will go anyway. This winter plan on floor shifter and some seat covers as weather allows as I can't stand being too cold.

I am not done yet!!!!!!!!!!!! There is still more cruising weather left. You on the other hand are probably busy with the upcoming hunting season.

I don't get it. We have year round driving in CT, also. When it snows, they plow.

Of course for those who saw my car before all the pics went bye bye, It's not a creampuff like most of yours are.

I am not done yet!!!!!!!!!!!! There is still more cruising weather left. You on the other hand are probably busy with the upcoming hunting season.

That's the problem J-G. I can only do so many things at once. Driving the Demon and hunting don't fit on the same page.

Jack

I don't get it. We have year round driving in CT, also. When it snows, they plow.

Of course for those who saw my car before all the pics went bye bye, It's not a creampuff like most of yours are.

It's only a cream puff until I stand on the go pedal. hehehe

Jack

-
Back