Last of the Whiz Kids dies

-
70 tail light panel is a better design. But 69 is a close second, to me.
Dual Headlights though.

mump-1105-01-o 1969-ford-mustang-boss-429-restoration passenger-side-front-view.jpeg

Ever drive on of those year mustangs? Big *** rear window you can't see out of! Had a 69 that was a Boss 429 car, but we got it with no drive train, and wrecked. I got it straightened out, and put a Mercury engine in it, a 427. It ran well, right in to a tree on its first trip!!! Totaled, again. Not me behind the wheel.

Yeah I have. Not nearly as bad as the 71-73 Mustangs. Rear glass was almost flat! No way you could use the rear view mirror.

Ever drive on of those year mustangs? Big *** rear window you can't see out of! ...

Yeah I have. Not nearly as bad as the 71-73 Mustangs. Rear glass was almost flat! No way you could use the rear view mirror.

You're both 100% right on. The fastback Mustangs were really terrible to see out of...but that '71 restyle in particular was a joke! Your rear view is essentially a 3" tall slit when looking at it through the rear view. Ya know? People say the exact same thing about both of the modern Camaro body styles!!

IMO, at least for the Mustangs, the poor visibility is 100% worth it for the style. The good years of the Mustang represented some of the best looking sheet metal ever applied to an automobile. I would put a 1967-68 Mustang fastback right next to a 1968 Charger as two examples of cars that are beautiful enough to represent a genuine traffic hazard.

Purely my opinion...and yeah, even a ratty Duster would still turn my neck harder than any Mustang. :D

7263_3337133356_8501928645_o_low_res.jpg

-
Back