Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
If you can BP would like to see some pics.
I like to fallow along with your build and encourage me to get on mine.
Will do Fred. Not very exciting. Ran into a bunch of rust around the windshield. There is know way I'm going to weld all of that mess up. POR15 and fiberglass mat will work just fine for this full framed car.

Last edited:
Will do Fred. Not very exiting. Ran into a bunch of rust around the windshield. There is know way I'm going to weld all of that mess up. POR15 and fiberglass mat will work just fine for this full framed car.
Iv'e done that and had real good success that way.
I should be able to afford primer and everything to do get back on mine next week I hope. I will epoxy prime and seal it up then regular prime over that. Been a log time that I used epoxy I think they still make DP-50.

Iv'e done that and had real good success that way.
I should be able to afford primer and everything to do get back on mine next week I hope. I will epoxy prime and seal it up then regular prime over that. Been a log time that I used epoxy I think they still make DP-50.
They sure do still make the DP. A new acquaintance of mine uses the industrial line of PPG products and has had great succccess. Its a lot cheaper. PPG web sites are chocked full of good information.

Blasting away with my Harbor Freight blaster.

DSCF2583.JPG

DSCF2570.JPG

DSCF2575.JPG

DSCF2582.JPG

DSCF2576.JPG

Looking good BP What color are you painting it?.
I like harbor freight for tools I only use a few times or primer guns.
I will paint it the original color blue. Not sure of the name. Its a medium blue metallic. I'm kind of a stickler on keeping them the original colors. I'm not going overboard on this one. I just use it for fill-in work. It's for sale and the price just keeps going up a little every time I work on it. It might sell before I paint it. I'm just going to cut-in around the window with a bench mix I made. I want to keep it drive-able and cheap enough for someone to afford it and just drive it. Let them decide on all of the variables like wheels and tires. The rust needed to be addressed. The rest of the body is solid exept the trunk needs a little help. More por15.

I will paint it the original color blue. Not sure of the name. Its a medium blue metallic. I'm kind of a stickler on keeping them the original colors. I'm not going overboard on this one. I just use it for fill-in work. It's for sale and the price just keeps going up a little every time I work on it. It might sell before I paint it. I'm just going to cut-in around the window with a bench mix I made. I want to keep it drive-able and cheap enough for someone to afford it and just drive it. Let them decide on all of the variables like wheels and tires. The rust needed to be addressed. The rest of the body is solid except the trunk needs a little help. More por15.
My friend that I been working for was thinking about doing what you are get them looking decent and selling them. Much more profitable and eraser to sell.
Good idea BP.

Happy Birthday Mark,
and I totally agree with being a stickler on color, that's why I paint everything Sublime! Hah! You guys have a great day today. My goal for today is to get booster mounted on firewall so I can start sorting out foot pedal location.
Good goal. GETERDONE! Have a grEAAAt DAY

Happy Birthday Mark,
and I totally agree with being a stickler on color, that's why I paint everything Sublime! Hah! You guys have a great day today. My goal for today is to get booster mounted on firewall so I can start sorting out foot pedal location.
Got a busy day ahead of you SLO have fun and crank the radio up.

What you got going today Fred?
Just trying to figure that out BP one of my boys came over for a visit and thought I might pull the front suspension from the scamp. I never pulled the torsion bars on a car so going to have to figure that part out.

Just trying to figure that out BP one of my boys came over for a visit and thought I might pull the front suspension from the scamp. I never pulled the torsion bars on a car so going to have to figure that part out.
Always nice to have some help with the heavy stuff.

Don't use vise grips on the torsion bars .

Not sure why? But if you say so I won't FOG.
A lot of people do it , where you clamp the vise grip , the small lines is where it will break when you have them back in and driving down the road . Some ideas if you can't afford one ,make it. The last one you can buy.

untitled.png

tbtool03.jpg

TBToolebay.jpg

Nope cable clamps are the wrong size gonna have to buy some.
I haven't looked yet but would guess you pull them out the back not the front?

I read this article , on this sight , guy says it will come out without tool. Screw out the torsion bar adjuster all the way out and remove. Then take the nut off the front of the lower control arm (LCA) pivot stud. Then take the clip off at the very back of the torsion bar. Then put a pry bar or large and long screwdriver in between the K frame and the LCA. As the LCA slides back a bit it will pop out of the torsion bar brace.

I read this article , on this sight , guy says it will come out without tool. Screw out the torsion bar adjuster all the way out and remove. Then take the nut off the front of the lower control arm (LCA) pivot stud. Then take the clip off at the very back of the torsion bar. Then put a pry bar or large and long screwdriver in between the K frame and the LCA. As the LCA slides back a bit it will pop out of the torsion bar brace.
Thanks FOG if you were closer I would make you a good steak dinner tonight and a glass of wine.

Thanks FOG if you were closer I would make you a good steak dinner tonight and a glass of wine.
Fred, sometimes they come out pretty easy, at least the last 3 or 4 I did. A lot of it has to do with where the car spent its life. Salt and rust, is always a problem....

Fred, sometimes they come out pretty easy, at least the last 3 or 4 I did. A lot of it has to do with where the car spent its life. Salt and rust, is always a problem....
This is my first attempt Mitch I did as FOG suggested and got them to move on the lower control arms easy enough but not wanting to pop out yet. back ends are full of grease so that's a good sign.
I think I will make the tool that FOG showed me and try again.

-
Back